Posted September 9, 2022Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt is a global leading hospitality company with over 1,000 managed, franchised, owned, and developed properties worldwide. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality in pursuit of our goal of becoming the most preferred brand in each segment that we serve for our associates, guests, and owners. We are looking for a driven technology professional with a strong AWS cloud platform and process orientation, deep technical skills, the ability to work under pressure, and a desire to continuously improve. Hyatt is currently seeking to add a Project Manager to support the Hyatt Cloud based TV product line. This role has both strategic and operational responsibilities, along with interaction with customers. This role will be responsible for Design, Architecture, Integration and Project Management to ultimately oversee the delivery of Hyatt Cloud TV services to our hotels, customers and partners worldwide. This role requires strong experience and in-depth knowledge in Cloud Architectures – with in-depth expertise in Amazon Web Services (AWS). This role will be highly technical, with the strategic product line and program responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert in AWS Cloud TV/ Content Streaming Systems technologies and someone who can partner with customers and vendors to keep up with current technology changes. Their goal will be to ensure that the Hyatt Cloud TV Platform is built and delivers a high-quality, secure and stable guest experience across the enterprise. Reporting to the Associate Vice President – Guest Products, this is also a managerial role overseeing the development, prioritization, execution, and delivery of the Hyatt Cloud TV Platform in working with multiple internal stakeholders within Product, Design, Software Engineering, Infrastructure, Cyber Security, and Field Services.
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions
• Subject Matter Expert in Amazon Web Services to build and deliver Hyatt Cloud TV Platform
• Update and maintain Hyatt Cloud TV Standards quarterly on Global Technical Standards (GTS) site in working with various stakeholders
• Liaise with field services leaders to identify regional requirements and adapt the Hyatt Cloud TV strategy
• Complete integrations between Hyatt Cloud TV platform and back-end systems such as World of Hyatt Loyalty, Personalization Engine, CMS etc.
• Manage all technical and commercial aspects of Hyatt Cloud TV Product Line
• The main point of contact at Hyatt corporate for all matters related to Hyatt Cloud TV platform
• Support all Managed and Franchise hotels as they transition to Hyatt Cloud TV Platform
• Liaise with Hyatt’ Product and Design team in overseeing the migration of TV into Cloud as a service
• Oversee the project management, deployment and roll-out for the Hyatt Cloud TV platform
• Work jointly with Digital Product, Design, and Technology teams to deliver outcome-based experiences
• Work jointly with Cyber Security team to ensure data network policies are enforced globally and TV networks remain compliant at all times
• Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
• 5 – 7 Years of expert level experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience managing strategic vendor relationships
• Experience with design and implementation on complex cloud-based TV systems
• Experience in successfully managing /leading technical teams and ability to deliver on strategic priorities
• Advanced knowledge of TV/Content Streaming Systems Solution, Chromecast, DirectTV, COM3000 platforms
• Understanding of network management, security, and monitoring
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Flexible to work on/off shift to meet company, customer, and internal requirements
• Detailed documentation skillset
• CCNP or similar experience
• Cloud hosting (Azure, AWS, or similar)
• Knowledge of API and Integration development between the TV and loyalty platform
• Bachelor Degree or higher preferred; concentration in Computer Science or comparable field
Hyatt is a leading global hospitality company guided by its purpose – to care for people so they can be their best. With more than 160,000 colleagues across more than 70 countries, we embrace all cultures, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, ages, abilities, perspectives, and ways of thinking. Our culture is one that empowers every person to be their best, and such authentic connection inspires how we care for each other and for our guests. We care for our colleagues with benefits and perks including travel perks, work-life benefits, training and upskilling opportunities, and personal wellbeing initiatives.
Hyatt's portfolio includes more than 1,150 hotel and all-inclusive properties across six continents, and the recent acquisition of Apple Leisure Group added 96 properties in 10 countries. Each of our brands provides a distinct experience, while all of our hotels deliver genuine care. This sets us apart from the competition and helps us fulfill our aspiration to be the most preferred brand everywhere we serve.
Our purpose – to care for people so they can be their best - defines us at Hyatt. We see it in the way we treat each other and our guests. It's our superpower. We channel this strength into our vision for evolving the future of hospitality. We create a culture of warmth, empathy and respect. We build connections, celebrate success and create inclusive environments, together.
“Hyatt has a special place in my heart. When I was sick in the hospital, I received so much support from my peers at work and Human resources sent flowers along with a card. From that moment, I realized Grand Hyatt Washington was more than an employer, they were my family.”
- Beverly, Room Attendant
Being part of Hyatt means always having space to be you. We are passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion. Our global teams are a mosaic of cultures, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities and identities. We constantly strive to reflect the world we care for with teams that achieve and grow together.
“At Hyatt, we love to connect with our guests and customers — and with each other. We host various events throughout the year, from company-wide Diversity Business Resource Group (DBRG) activities, to team-led events such as virtual breakfast clubs and happy hours.”
- Danielle, Associate Vice President, Loyalty Finance
At Hyatt, there’s a home for every stage of your career. We nurture curiosity, helping you to learn new skills that support your personal and professional development. Chart your own journey by venturing into new roles, different brands and international opportunities. Here, doors are meant to be opened and horizons expanded. With us, you’ll discover a career you didn’t know existed.
We are in a time of extraordinary transformation and one of the things that people are looking forward to most is traveling. Hyatt is looking for passionate change-makers to be a part of our journey — with our digital and technology areas at the heart of where we are investing and growing.”
- Julia, Senior Vice President, Global Head of Digital & Technology
World of Care is designed to address the pressing challenges faced by our colleagues, guests, owners and communities and enact meaningful change within its industry. Learn more.
We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and preserving our natural resources.
We care for the wellbeing of our colleagues, guests, owners and communities and are committed to advancing a culture of opportunity for all.
We embrace our responsibility to create fair and ethical business, both within and beyond our company and Hyatt properties.
• 100 Best Companies to Work For – FORTUNE
• 100 Best National Large Companies to Work For – Built-In
• Chicago Best Large Companies to Work For – Built-In
• Chicago Best Paying Companies – Built-In
• Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality – Human Rights Campaign
• 100 Best Companies to Work For – FORTUNE & Great Place to Work
• Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality – Human Rights Campaign
• America’s Best Employers for Diversity – Forbes
• Best Places to Work – Glassdoor
• 100 Companies that Care – PEOPLE & Great Place to Work
• Best Workplaces for Women – FORTUNE & Great Place to Work
• Best Workplaces for Millennials – FORTUNE & Great Place to Work