A Linen Room Uniform Attendant is responsible for supporting laundry operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while liaising with laundry suppliers and ensuring a uniform deposit system is in place.
What will I be doing?
As a Linen Room Uniform Attendant, you are responsible for supporting laundry operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Linen Room Uniform Attendant will also be required to liaise with laundry suppliers and ensure a uniform deposit system is in place. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Receive and issue all uniforms. Issue all uniforms on an exchange basis, in order to maintain uniform control.
- Assists in determining the size and distribution of uniforms while keeping records of received and issued uniform.
- Accept laundry from team members, verify, count and inventory what was collected and log it in the binder.
- Prepare dry cleaning and laundry lists. Send and receive dry cleaning and laundry for processing.
- Receive, verify and send guest laundry to cleaner supplier. Follow up when needed.
- Receive, verify and send team member uniforms to cleaner supplier. Follow up when needed.
- Receive guest laundry, Executive Members laundry and team members and verify them.
- Deliver guest laundry to the respective rooms. In case the room has privacy sign put the letter in the room.
- Always registered key when entering a room even is the door is open.
- Visually assesses repair needed: accurately measures and make minor alterations and repairs to the uniforms and linen.
- Store old uniforms until otherwise directed by supervisor.
- Receive duvets inserts, robes, pillows and organize every day following Department standards.
- Take all the invoices to the Front Desk at the end of the shift.
- Maintain file of invoices by month and clarify any doubts with the Accounting department.
- Sew on buttons and make minor repairs to uniforms and guest laundry.
- Maintain Linen Uniform Room clean, neat and organize.
- Make repairs to linens and drapes as requested.
- Follow the lost & found procedures.
- Greet guest/customer immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Maintain adequate supplies ( scissors, threads, needles) and report if any equipment is damage or needs maintenance ( sewing machine, vapor machine, conveyor
- Follows hotel standards for safety and security
- Attend all mandatory meetings.
- Maintain an open line of communication between guests, management and service staff.
- Assist co-workers.
- Attend to guest requests.
- Attend training for team members.
- Perform duties incidental or related to the duties set forth above.
What are we looking for?
A Linen Room Uniform Attendant serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
- Methodical and well organised
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous laundry experience
- Experience in a similar role
- Sewing skills
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!