Posted September 11, 2022EVEN Hotel Rockville- Washington, D.C. Area
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Respond to guest’s special requests, needs, problems, issues and concerns and accommodate groups to ensure optimal levels of guest satisfaction and repeat business.
3. Implement company programs and supervise the daily operations of the Front Desk to comply with SOPS and LSOPs, maximize revenues, and motivate associates to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers.
4. Supervise the Guest Service Agents, Bellman and Shuttle Staff
5. Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other employees. Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising approach to accommodate unusual situation. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have been offered.
6. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
7. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Opera experience is strongly preferred, 1-2 years previous hotel front desk supervisor/manager experience strongly preferred. Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include nights, holidays and weekends. Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs to 50 lbs. Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
EVEN® Hotel Rockville-Washington D.C. Area is just steps from the Twinbrook Metro Station, providing easy access to Washington D.C., Baltimore, Gaithersburg, and Glenmont.
Take a day trip to Washington D.C.'s famous memorials, tour the Smithsonian Museums and the National Mall. Head to Baltimore and explore the Inner Harbor, and The Maryland Science Center. Bethesda is mere minutes away, offering great shopping and dining options.
Business travelers will also be close to Deloitte, GlaxoSmithKline, Kaiser Permanente, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, and the National Institute of Health.
Our wellness hotel in Rockville features modern guest rooms with in-room fitness equipment, a best-in-class Fitness Center and healthy dining options making it easier than ever to maintain a healthy routine when traveling.