With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager, Project & Design - Greater China & Mongolia (GCM), you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Management of Hilton’s interests for all Design & Construction (D&C) aspects of selected Development Projects in China - new builds or conversions.
- Project involvement from inception to opening.
- Provide leadership of those projects as the principal Hilton representative to and from owners and project consultants.
- Ensure internal communications and effective relationships on those projects with all other Hilton departments and specialists including Brands, F&B, Spa, Dev, Pre-Opening and Ops.
- Assist Hilton development to secure agreements for new hotel developments or conversions.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of brand standards, narratives and attributes for selected brands active in China.
- Work effectively with clients and consultants to optimize the D&C and opening of projects.
- Maintain Project Consultant Panels (PCPs) for selected design consultants in China and relationships with key regional consultants.
- Review designs at all stages of projects for conformity to Hilton Brand standards and D&C guidelines and corporate brand direction.
- Contribute to China-specific addenda to global Brand standards for all Hilton brands
- Work effectively with Global Shared Services group re brand standards and signage issues.
- Regular reports to management regarding projects status and issues.
- Presentations to owners, Hilton management and other Tech Services re their projects.
- Overview or preparation of project and design briefs, guidelines and facilities schedules / area programs.
- Prepare, present and participate in monthly project review meetings and regular design reviews, periodic site reviews and review of mock-up guestrooms.
- Prepare and maintain Non-Compliance Schedules re D&C standards, FLS and Brand standards.
- Co-ordinate with Brands re waivers for non-compliant items.
- Contribute to the creative and constructive process of value engineering .
- Work with Hilton Pre-Opening group, GMs and their teams during the pre-opening phase.
- Preparation of selected projects to submit to DRC (Design Review Committee) for review.
- Participation in post-opening design reviews with Operations.
- Co-ordinate with QA re pre-opening QA inspections.
- Prepare and maintain development and training plans and associated training programs.
- Extensive travel within the region for projects or client meetings.
What are we looking for?
A Senior Manager, Project & Design - GCM serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- 5 years experience with management or design of hotel projects in APAC with majority in China.
- Architect (preferred), Interior Designer, Engineer, Project Management experience.
- Ability to work effectively with owners, developers, design consultants, contractors and with all Hilton departments (including Executive management, Development, Pre-Opening, Operations, Brand Management and other AD&C teams).
- Ability to review architectural, ID fit-out and other designs quickly and make constructive suggestions for improvements.
- Good people skills.
- Flexibility to handle changing circumstances.
- Able to work independently and with the Global support teams.
- Able to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin, both written and spoken to meet business needs.
- Good communications both written and verbal.
- Working for an international hotel operator (desirable).
- CAD and Database proficiency (desirable).
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!