This position contributes to the success of Los Angeles Athletic Club (“Company”) by creating positive experiences for every member and guest who visits the club by providing excellent food and beverage service in a warm welcoming environment.
A. Successfully perform Server tasks:
- Arrives to work on time in proper uniform.
- Prepare for service according to company procedures including inspection for adequate supplies, procuring additional product as necessary. Assemble back station and dining room for service. Including but not limited to; appropriate menus distributed, bus station set, water and coffee service stocked.
- Greet everyone as they enter the dining area.
- Engage the guest and guide the dining experience through suggestive selling and menu knowledge.
- Know all details of your food and beverage menu for your guests experience, restrictions and allergies.
- Receive orders and enter them into POS accurately and immediately, follow service guarantees procedures.
- Communicate any special requests to the culinary team and support staff.
- Practice proper table maintenance in compliance to company standards.
- Ensure every guest check is current before presenting to the guest.
- Collect payment and obtain member signature for every transaction.
- Perform side work and closing duties according to company guidelines and service guarantees
- Whenever possible, address members by name.
- Maintain a clean and organized dining room and work area.
- Visually inspect all work areas, food service and ensure they are clean and presentable to guests.
- Complies with all Food and Beverage regulations and liquor laws, including but not limited to checking ID before serving liquor to a member/guest that looks under 30 years of age, etc.
- Support other staff as business dictates.
- Work in all Food and Beverage Outlets as business requires.
B. Exemplify our Club values at work and during all offsite work-related events
- Teamwork: Work collectively to realize goals that are greater than what you can achieve individually.
- Friendliness: Create an authentic, welcoming environment for all patrons; be friendly, greet members with a smile, give a sincere farewell, and use member’s name whenever possible.
- Health: Promote health by demonstrating a long-term and all-encompassing approach to health, which integrates soundness of mind, body, and spirit.
- Heritage: Embrace the values and traditions inherited from the club founders.
- Strive for Wonderment: Create an ambiance of wonder for our members and guests by creating marvel and unexpected joy in every club experience.
C. Consistently adhere to the Los Angeles Athletic Club core service standards:
- Exemplify high-quality hospitality by making every member, guest, and business partner feel welcomed, valued, respected, and listened to; greet at every encounter, offer assistance to anyone who appears in need, escort individuals to correct destination.
- Take responsibility for maintaining an uncompromisingly clean Club; maintain an organized work area, clean after yourself, be proactive in maintaining member areas by performing minor clean up as needed (i.e., cleaning minor food and liquid spills, storing forgotten exercise equipment, wiping equipment, etcetera); and promptly report needed repairs, potential safety issues, significant cleaning jobs to housekeeping, cleaning, and/or engineering department.
- Follow through with resolutions to problems from beginning to end; break away from your regular duties if necessary.
- Be knowledgeable of Club information; maintain sufficient and updated information to be able to easily answer questions from members and guest thoroughly from beginning to end.
- Practice excellent personal hygiene; wear clean and pressed clothing; wear proper uniform and nametag if required
- Use proper and welcoming telephone etiquette; do not screen calls, answer calls by the 3rd ring, smile while you speak.
- Anticipate and comply with member needs and record their preferences.
- Be an ambassador of the Company brands; always represent yourself and the company professionally and with respect while on duty on/off premises.
D. Ensure A Safe Work Environment:
- Comply with the Company Health and Safety (H&S) processes while working on projects, initiatives, and other work-related duties; perform job duties in a way that will not cause danger to self or others, or violate local, state, federal, environmental regulations.
- No cell phones allowed during your working shift.
- Wear protective equipment required to perform tasks properly and safely.
- Ensure work location is kept safe, clean, and organized; promptly report all accidents and immediately correct (if possible) and report all hazards, potential hazards, and unsafe work condition to the Safety Manager, Director of Engineering, and Human Resources.
E. Initiate Professional Growth:
- Consistently evaluate your work for efficiency, quality, alignment with the Company’s service standards, and compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Be proactive in seeking opportunities to maintain current on product knowledge, best practices, and skills needed to meet job needs.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATION
- Ideal: Minimum of one (1) year of experience in same or similar positions in the Food & Beverage industry
- Required: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Ideal: Tips Certified
- Required: Food Handlers Certification
- Required: At least 21 (21) years of age.
- Required: Reliable and punctual attendance.
- Required: Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers
- Required: Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
- Required: Visually inspect all work areas, food service
- Required: Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.
- Required: Read and write (English); Bi-lingual oral, speech, and writing skills in and additional language is an asset in this position
- Required: Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Required: Strong presentation skills; convey messages clearly and confidently; persuade and effect change positively.
- Required: Capable of working effectively independently with minimal supervision
- Required: Strong analytical skills.
- Required: High attention to detail and accuracy
- Required: Ability to elicit and accept constructive feedback.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)