Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Marriott International is seeking a VP of Creative Agency to lead and continue to build our internal agency team and provide creative leadership across all Marriott International creative communications, created internally or with external partners. The Vice President, Creative Agency oversees the strategy and delivery of key global marketing initiatives across multiple platforms and formats to drive consumer engagement. Responsibilities include overseeing personalized marketing initiatives across all platforms, brand design and development, social/mobile content, and amplification of existing Marriott International marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate can bring a vision on how to optimize internal and external creative resources and conceive creative strategies that meet core company KPIs. The VP Creative should come to the table with a solid background in managing creative teams and know how to create a consumer journey that can engage consumers and turn them into loyal fans. Being a great storyteller and utilizing all of the major digital distribution channels will be key to driving success.
The Vice President Creative will lead a team responsible for creating impactful creative assets that elevate Marriott International’s portfolio of brands and loyalty program. The right candidate will have a strong cultural fluency and be on the pulse of consumer sentiment. The right candidate will also be a motivator, collaborator, a thought leader and have the ability to drive to our teams’ learning and development.
This leader collaborates with the departments within Global Brand and Marketing, with Public Relations, Communications, and Digital to help define both the portfolio and brand story and the story as interpreted by the key consumer segments, with a special emphasis on creativity among next generation travelers.
Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Leading Through Vision And Values
- Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
Problem Solving And Decision Making
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Building A Successful Team
-Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
– Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Driving For Results
- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent And Organizational Capability
- Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning And Applying Professional Expertise
- Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.