The Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for providing experienced and informed leadership in all areas of revenue generation related to the repositioning and achievements of financial targets of the Los Angeles Athletic Club.
The position will lead the membership sales team and will be accountable for membership sales processes and sales performance. The Director of Sales and Marketing will also lead the in-house team and third-party consultants focused on the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing strategy. This will include, but not be limited to branding, advertising, promotions, public relations, direct marketing, direct sales, and the overall public image of the Los Angeles Athletic Club. This position will own and drive the LAAC Brand and it’s positioning in the local market.
- Responsible for all revenue centers of The Los Angeles Athletic Club, including:
- Hotel Rooms
- Membership Sales and Retention
- Incremental Spend from Members and guests
- Special Events
- Public Parking
- Club Partnerships and Sponsorships
- Serve as the primary point of contact for ownership in the development and execution of the marketing plan which supports the overall investment and business plan including:
- Product positioning
- Image development
- Development and execution of marketing alliances and partnerships
- Ongoing program development working with ownership and department leaders
- Tactical action plan for each revenue center
- Public relations
- Collateral development that addresses each revenue center
- Program development to support each revenue center
- Active social media plan supporting each revenue center
- Additional revenue strategies and actions as determined
- Establish goals for sales associates including benchmarks and monthly/ annual deliverables from the team members.
- Serve as the point of contact with all project vendors and internal division and department heads ensuring agreed upon marketing executions and sales activities are met on time and within the agreed budget.
- Ensure that ownership is promptly notified of any deviations from established plans, budgets, and approved strategies and actions.
- Effectively manage and communicate revenue and expense projections in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that all projects are executed in accordance with owner and property GM guidelines related to, but not limited to, insurance, accounting, employee experience, guest and member experience and affiliated third parties.
- Embrace a continuous growth environment by actively hiring professional and qualified vendors, third-party consultants, and other project personnel.
- Ensure recruitment and retention programs are in place for all revenue centers.
- Maintain alignment with Crescent Hotels and Resorts procedures and policies.
- Fully leverage the resources and opportunities with Crescent Hotels and Resorts where appropriate and applicable to the Los Angeles Athletic Club. to ensure safe and efficient operation of the hotel.
Ensure that all projects are executed in accordance with the laws, policies and other requirements as set forth by the city, county, statement, federal and related administrative agencies
- Participate with meetings/training as required by General Manager and Corporate support team
- Perform other related duties as requested by ownership.
Education & Experience:
- 4 year - college degree required; Graduate degree in Marketing or similar field preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of related progressive experience in sales and marketing roles within the hospitality industry.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work, exerting up to twenty-five pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems, as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)