Audits, balances, and reports on the various areas of the hotel (e.g., food and beverage, rooms, front desk, etc.) to provide accurate and timely financial information on the hotel’s operational performance for the day. Oversee front office/front desk operations during the overnight shift.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work schedule will be in the night shift which implies that you are on duty from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. in the morning.
- Reconcile and complete all daily front desk agents’ work.
- Responsible to balance cash transactions from previous shift
- Checks front office accounting records for accuracy and compiles information for the hotel’s financial records.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office operating statistics.
- Prepares summary of cash, check, and credit card activities, reflecting the hotel’s financial performance for the day.
- Ensure all banquet charges are posted
- Ensure all A/R postings are done correctly
- Audit all revenues and coupons from the restaurants
- Posts room charges and room taxes to guest accounts. Processes guest charge vouchers and Credit card vouchers.
- Keeping track of all credit card transactions and perform batch closing procedure
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Summarizes results of operations and prepares reports for management.
- Performs duties of the front desk agent.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Accounting background preferred.
- Previous hotel experience desired.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Present a professional image, and able to communicate well with both guests and employees.
- Ability to operate front office equipment and computers.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Ability to understand principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.