Free daily meals-Free Hotel Rooms- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
Posted September 14, 2022Marriott Columbus Northwest
Major Functions: This position is responsible for the supervision of front desk operations; assisting guests upon check-in/out, processing reservations in a friendly, professional and timely manner, while following Marriott high standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction. Effective supervision of assigned staff to ensure guest satisfaction, positive employee relations and achievement of overall financial results.
· Accountable for guest satisfaction by ensuring service standards are met and guests’ needs and concerns are responded to in a timely manner with a focus on service recovery when applicable.
· Works side by side with staff to train and model appropriate guest service standards.
· Responsible for holding staff members accountable for anticipating needs and exceeding guest expectations.
· Anticipates and responds to guests in a friendly and positive manner.
· Process check-ins and check-outs, verify billing, create reservations, and process special requests.
· Assists guests by having knowledge of hotel property, local attractions, and hours of operation of hotel outlets and services.
· Assists in achieving business revenue goals by developing and implementing creative service programs designed to increase guest satisfaction.
· Responsible for coaching, and development of front office associates.
· Motivates staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing employees.
· Ensures all required training for department employees is completed and training records are maintained.
· Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs, suggests changes and ensures implementation to improve results.
· Utilizes available resources and adheres to Marriott training policies.
· Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment.
· Follows proper selling techniques and ensures strategies are utilized to maximize room revenues.
· Monitors room availability, follows restrictions, and all booking policies and procedures.
· Drives sales and maximizes revenue by up-selling rooms and amenities.
· Uses expertise to suggest and implement changes to front desk operations as needed, while maximizing revenue and occupancy.
· Must have high attention to detail, good communication skills and leadership ability.
· Must have excellent organization skills, a high degree of creativity to facilitate efficient problem solving.
· Must be able to manage multiple priorities and work in an environment with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines
· Conduct routine inspections of front desk operations to maintain standards per Marriott, local, state and federal regulations.
· Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all Marriott procedures for guest/employee incidents.
Preferred Skills: High school diploma or equivalent, working knowledge of FSPMS or PMS, MARSHA, GXP, Microsoft Office or G-Suite. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Previous hotel front desk experience. Systems knowledge is preferred but not required. Training is available upon hiring.
The Columbus Marriott Northwest has completed a renovation of all guest rooms, to include 49 inch SMART televisions and mini-fridges. Located in Dublin, an upscale suburb of Columbus, Ohio, our hotel is near Muirfield Village Golf Club, Columbus Zoo, and Tuttle Crossing Mall. Our location is a ideal for families, groups and business travelers, as we are in walkable distance to many unique dining options and shopping. At the center of our hotel is the Marriott Greatroom; flexible seating and spaces with a contemporary style and design, a coffee bar proudly serving Starbucks® coffee, and a chef-crafted menu of small plates and pours.The Columbus Marriott Northwest has over 19 meeting rooms and 14,000 square feet of flexible event space for wedding receptions and meetings.