Posted January 26, 2023DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
REPORTS TO: Security Manage
1. Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior
and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and
safety risks or undesirable conditions. Requires verbal communication using
pager and two way radio, bending, stooping and kneeling
2. Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, and assisting
with door lock problems. Coordinate expedient response to emergency
conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or
property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired
conduct and potential violations of hotel policy as warranted for the security
and safety of hotel guests, associates, patrons and property. Requires
grasping, lifting and or carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages,
luggage, wheelchairs and safety equipment using manual dexterity of
3. Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around building.
Conduct walk through observations of entire hotel. Promote safe work
4. Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely
manner based on priority.
5. Observe the security monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of
suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty;
report any alarms similarly.
6. Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property including
layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and
7. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
8. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Our hotel is next to Newark Liberty International Airport, with a free shuttle every 30 minutes. We're seven miles from Cape Liberty Cruise Port and 10 miles from New York City. Every stay starts with a chocolate chip cookie, and Starbucks coffee and grab-and-go items are available in the lobby. Enjoy our fitness center and indoor pool.