Posted November 15, 2022The Commerce Casino & Hotel
1. Must be at least 21 years of age.
2. Must have at least 3 years experience as Revenue Manager or Director of Revenue in Hospitality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop and recommend sales strategies, room mix and pricing. Responsible for reservations system, forecasting and reporting. Negotiate transient room rate contracts.
2. Develop, implement, monitor and control sales strategies; conduct sales strategy meetings to ensure the proper mix of group/transient guests while maximizing occupancy and room revenue.
3. Compile data, analyze trends, develop accurate weekly and period forecasts and communicate to all departments to ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained to provide quality of guest services while minimizing expenses.
4. Assist in developing, implementing, monitoring and controlling annual budget and marketing plans to assist in meeting/exceeding the overall hotel goals.
5. Monitor, control and communicate inventory levels and room and rate restrictions to meet business objectives.
6. Negotiate rates for transient accounts to ensure the right mix of sales to maximize room revenue.
7. Establishes, measures, monitors and effectively evaluates processes, polices, and procedures as well as supervise group coordinators.
8. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
9. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
10. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Analytical and technical skill required. Working knowledge of reservations, front office, and Microsoft Office Suite to take full advantage of the revenue opportunities. Forecasting and creative revenue management abilities needed. Yield management skill required to evaluate business trends and communicate to properties the recommendations needed to take full advantage of revenue maximization.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The inviting atmosphere and superior service of The Commerce Casino & Hotel makes every stay a trip to remember. The majestic nine-story hotel is located within minutes of downtown Los Angeles, and just an elevator ride away from our iconic card room, boasting the most table and casino card games in Southern California.