Posted September 16, 2022Hyatt Hotels Corporation
This position is responsible for accurate configuration and effective training of systems and operational practices within scope of the GHT Onboarding team (Hyatt’s central systems) at Hotel Openings and Acquisitions and supporting hotels through transitions (approximately 20 projects a year). The Specialist will be required to interact with the hotel team, vendors, and regional teams seamlessly to successfully communicate policies, brand standards, accounting, and rooms practices. In doing so they will ensure the successful implementation of Hyatt’s technology footprint and onboarding of Hyatt’s new colleagues. The position will require coordination of multiple projects and priorities at the same time. Interaction and communication with the Onboarding Manager, other departments within Corporate and the hotels as well as vendors will be critical.
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions
• Management of the configuration, training and go live phases of a hotel opening or acquisition project. This is done through coordination between the hotel team, vendors, and regional teams (IT, WoH, Revenue etc), and accessing various systems to validate setup.
• Conduct training classes related to systems and topics within GHTO’s scope as needed during hotel onboarding. Must be able to conduct training sessions in person and virtually.
• Assist with the development of training materials for use by the GHTO team, the hotels, and our vendors. Training materials include slide decks, trainers notes, and videos.
• Maintain a relationship with Hyatt’s vendors across the Americas (~5 different vendors/offices) that implement and train the systems installed at new Hyatt hotels. This is done through regular meetings with vendor counterparts during the course of each project to discuss project needs.
• Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
• Hotel Supervisory Experience in Operations (2 years)
• Experience managing multiple initiatives (1 years)
• In depth knowledge of core property management systems (PMS, CRS, Sales & Revenue)
• Experience in conducting classroom and virtual training (1 years)
• College degree preferred or equivalent work experience with major hotel management company
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
• Experience with Hyatt systems, Reserve, Opera PMS, Colleague Advantage, HyGeo, Envision, Prio, World of Hyatt app
• Experience with varied Guest Service Systems is helpful
• Moderate experience with Microsoft Office
Additional Comments and Requirements
• Must be able to handle multiple projects in varied stages of planning
• Ability to work closely with multiple business units, understanding the varied priorities
• Must be a self-starter and comfortable working independently, working with others remotely and with different cultures
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as planning is done remotely
• Proficient in both spoken and written Spanish.
• Occasional travel to support project needs. Approximately 30% of time.
Hyatt is a leading global hospitality company guided by its purpose – to care for people so they can be their best. With more than 160,000 colleagues across more than 70 countries, we embrace all cultures, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, ages, abilities, perspectives, and ways of thinking. Our culture is one that empowers every person to be their best, and such authentic connection inspires how we care for each other and for our guests. We care for our colleagues with benefits and perks including travel perks, work-life benefits, training and upskilling opportunities, and personal wellbeing initiatives.
Hyatt's portfolio includes more than 1,150 hotel and all-inclusive properties across six continents, and the recent acquisition of Apple Leisure Group added 96 properties in 10 countries. Each of our brands provides a distinct experience, while all of our hotels deliver genuine care. This sets us apart from the competition and helps us fulfill our aspiration to be the most preferred brand everywhere we serve.
Our purpose – to care for people so they can be their best - defines us at Hyatt. We see it in the way we treat each other and our guests. It's our superpower. We channel this strength into our vision for evolving the future of hospitality. We create a culture of warmth, empathy and respect. We build connections, celebrate success and create inclusive environments, together.
“Hyatt has a special place in my heart. When I was sick in the hospital, I received so much support from my peers at work and Human resources sent flowers along with a card. From that moment, I realized Grand Hyatt Washington was more than an employer, they were my family.”
- Beverly, Room Attendant
Being part of Hyatt means always having space to be you. We are passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion. Our global teams are a mosaic of cultures, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities and identities. We constantly strive to reflect the world we care for with teams that achieve and grow together.
“At Hyatt, we love to connect with our guests and customers — and with each other. We host various events throughout the year, from company-wide Diversity Business Resource Group (DBRG) activities, to team-led events such as virtual breakfast clubs and happy hours.”
- Danielle, Associate Vice President, Loyalty Finance
At Hyatt, there’s a home for every stage of your career. We nurture curiosity, helping you to learn new skills that support your personal and professional development. Chart your own journey by venturing into new roles, different brands and international opportunities. Here, doors are meant to be opened and horizons expanded. With us, you’ll discover a career you didn’t know existed.
We are in a time of extraordinary transformation and one of the things that people are looking forward to most is traveling. Hyatt is looking for passionate change-makers to be a part of our journey — with our digital and technology areas at the heart of where we are investing and growing.”
- Julia, Senior Vice President, Global Head of Digital & Technology
World of Care is designed to address the pressing challenges faced by our colleagues, guests, owners and communities and enact meaningful change within its industry. Learn more.
We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and preserving our natural resources.
We care for the wellbeing of our colleagues, guests, owners and communities and are committed to advancing a culture of opportunity for all.
We embrace our responsibility to create fair and ethical business, both within and beyond our company and Hyatt properties.
• 100 Best Companies to Work For – FORTUNE
• 100 Best National Large Companies to Work For – Built-In
• Chicago Best Large Companies to Work For – Built-In
• Chicago Best Paying Companies – Built-In
• Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality – Human Rights Campaign
• 100 Best Companies to Work For – FORTUNE & Great Place to Work
• Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality – Human Rights Campaign
• America’s Best Employers for Diversity – Forbes
• Best Places to Work – Glassdoor
• 100 Companies that Care – PEOPLE & Great Place to Work
• Best Workplaces for Women – FORTUNE & Great Place to Work
• Best Workplaces for Millennials – FORTUNE & Great Place to Work