Posted September 20, 2022Sheraton Panama City Beach Golf & Spa Resort
1. Act as Liaison between Sales Manager(s) and clients in Sales Manager's absence. Take booking inquiry information via phone and prepare proper paperwork.
2. Uses various computer word processing and other software packages to enter data, produce contracts, correspondence, forms, memorandum and other documents.
3. Answer telephone and respond to caller inquiries speaking in a clear and pleasant manner. Exercise decision making skills to direct caller’s request. Accurately record messages for staff and distribute the written messages to the staff members in a timely manner.
4. Distribute documents to appropriate persons and locations to ensure prompt processing of time sensitive information by hotel and supplier staff. Transport documents weighing up to 10 pounds to offices, mailrooms and other locations throughout the hotel building. Retrieve documents from and place documents into proper receptacles located up to 6 feet high, such as mailboxes, file cabinets, etc.
5. Handle individual reservations for VIP clients. Ensure that all arrangements, including upgrades, are handled properly, coordinating with other departments through oral and written instruction.
6. Organize, file and retrieve documents in appropriate binders in order to maintain essential records used in the department operation.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Requires excellent communication skills and high level of experience with computer data entry and usage of software programs to include all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Excellent organization and administrative skills with a proactive approach to meeting deadlines.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times with an organized approach and excellent time management skills. Can communicate well with guests and co-workers. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers using own initiative. Requires computer literacy, good typing skills and ability to use office software for word processing, creating spreadsheets/databases/graphic presentations/reports/other administrative publications, effective use of email, internet research abilities, and effective use of email program. Ability to become well-versed in resort Reservations and Sales/Catering software programs within reasonable amount of time is necessary. Effective basic knowledge of mathematics and calculator skills to prepare mathematical calculations without error. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to interact with vendors and department heads.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Spoil your family with a Florida vacation they'll never forget at the bay front Sheraton Panama City Beach Golf & Spa Resort. Our AAA Four Diamond resort is a destination unto itself, featuring a wealth of amenities and activities to please every visitor. The extraordinary facilities at our pet-friendly resort include the exclusive dining cruises in Panama City Beach aboard our new 78' Champagne Lady Yacht, the only Nicklaus Design golf course in northwest Florida, dining at our outstanding restaurants and bars, an upscale full-service spa, 24-hour state-of-the-art gym, private bay beach, and a large bayside pool deck with heated pools. Rest easy after the day's adventures in spacious, refined accommodations with Sheraton Signature Beds, free Wi-Fi, and flat screen TVs. Those looking to hold a special event or meeting in Panama City Beach, Florida can hire one of our resort's spectacular event venues with tons of space and stunning waterfront settings.