KESSLER REHAB HOSPITAL
Manny Khanna, CDM, CFPP,
Target Hourly Rate
19.00/hr. or based on previous work experience
Are you a foodie with passion, drive and eager to begin your culinary / food service career in a global company? Consider joining the Sodexo NA Healthcare team at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation in Marlton, New Jersey, as a Diet Technician. Combining quality care, expert treatment and a range of programs and services, Kessler's Marlton campus provides a dynamic rehabilitation environment for patients in the South Jersey and greater Philadelphia areas. Kessler Institue for Rehabilitation is a 61 bed Rehab. Hospital located next to Virtua Marlton. This is a part-time position will work primarily work - flexible work schedule including weekends and holidays to fulfil vacation coverage and schedule demands. Sodexo North America is part of a global, Fortune 500 company with presence in 67 countries and employs 160,000 at 13,500 sites in all 50 US states and Canada. Be Part of something special helps our Patient improve their quality of life! #RSRSOD #HS #IN#HS #IN
The Dietetic Technician is responsible for day-to-day menu management. They instruct patients, hospital and food service personnel in basic principles of nutrition and modifications of normal diet. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Assists dietitians in obtaining information from clients and patients regarding their medical histories, food preferences and special dietary needs.
- Provides nutritional education to groups and individuals, including those requiring special diets to help them recover from disease or illness.
- Calculates and analyzes food consumption, changes in clients' weight, and health and wellness indicators.
- Designs individual nutrition plans and monitors the results.
- Creates and updates patient records.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 0 to 1 year work experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Basic food-handling skills.
- May require a valid driver's license
- Must be registry eligible for dietetic technician.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).