Signing Bonus & Relocation Assistance
Posted September 21, 2022Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel
The Sheraton OKC Downtown Hotel, located in the heart of Oklahoma City, is seeking experienced sales professionals looking to advance their career and join one of the industry's top hotel management companies. Managed by Crescent Hotels and Resorts and part of the Marriott family, our associates are offered competitive wages with an industry leading sales incentive program, a full range of benefits as well as access to associate rate discounts at Marriott properties across the globe. Not located in OKC? Relocation packages are available!
The Sales & Catering Manager is responsible for selling group and catering business from all markets/regions while maximizing revenues for all areas of the hotel. They assist in the overall efficient operation of the Sales Department, manages accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and solicits new and past business to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prospect for new business – Internet prospecting, cold calling and contacting former clients to solicit new business and attends industry events/programs as needed.
2. Builds and maintains strong client relationships.
3. Responds in a timely manner to incoming group/catering business opportunities.
4. Ensures that all business is booked within hotel parameters.
5. Conducts hotel site inspections and client presentations both in person and virtually.
6. Create contracts and other related booking documentation as required including but not limited to activity tracking. Manage and maintain client account files.
7. Detail events to include all food & beverage, set up and audio visual needs. Ask appropriate questions of the clients and make suggestions to ensure the details meet the group and the hotel’s needs.
8. Create group resumes and communicate client needs to all departments of the hotel. Ensure hotel staff follows through on all requests.
9. Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of a hotel structure and how all departments interact. Ability to effectively communicate with customers in a friendly and positive manner, in order to solicit business, meet client needs and resolve complaints. Ability to move throughout the hotel to conduct site inspections.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Expect a memorable experience at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel. Our contemporary hotel is 10 miles from Will Rogers World Airport and boasts an ideal location in the area's most dynamic neighborhood. Offering a short walk to the New Convention Center, just steps from Bricktown's wealth of dining and entertainment opportunities, our hotel taps into the pulse of Oklahoma City. Enjoy visiting nearby attractions such as Paycom Center and Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. Retreat to our rooms and suites with luxury bedding, flat-screen TVs, mini refrigerators and ergonomic work-spaces. When hunger strikes, explore our convenient and delicious on-site dining options. During downtime, take a walk around the new Scissortail Park or workout in our Fitness Center. With 29,837 square feet of flexible venue space, our hotel is also a top choice for conferences at the convention center or for other special events. An inspiring stay awaits at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hote