Sandpiper Bay Resort in Port St. Lucie, FL is seeking a dynamic Director of Revenue Management to oversee the day-to-day revenue generation for our resort. If you are a highly motivated team player & seeking an enriching career with an insatiable desire to make a difference - we want to hear from you. Apply Today!
BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Director of Revenue Management formulates and drives strategies for maximizing revenue management opportunities at the resort by implementing and evaluating the most effective Yield Management techniques and procedures. Strategy includes talent development and alignment with brand strategies, sales strategies and distribution marking strategies, as well as promoting a revenue management culture throughout the resort. Yield Management practices will be integrated into Group Sales, F.I.T. Reservations and the commercial transient efforts in order to maximize profitability through room inventory control and pricing. This position will work closely with the General Manager and Reservations Manager in ensuring optimal revenue results.
Profit Motivation, Financial Success, Customer Service/Relations, Quality Leadership, Teamwork, Communication, Innovation, Decision-Making, Work Methods
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent - college degree preferred
- Vocational/Technical Training with experience
- Minimum five years experience in the hospitality field required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with good ability as a trainer
- Work-related analytical experience
- Willing to be entrepreneurial and take risks
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines
- Excellent organizational, time-management and analytical skills
- Imagination and creativity skills, focusing on improving financial performance through changing marketing/revenue channels
- Demonstrated knowledge of the revenue/sales process and revenue/sales programs
- Positive, outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance in all situations
- Collect and analyze customer performance data (including ADR, occupancy, RGI, market share, etc.). Proactively set goals and drive growth for service offerings.
- Responsible for performance and business trend analysis by identifying, communicating and advising on new business opportunities, team strengths and weaknesses, and deployment of resources within product offerings.
- Communicate Rate Solicitations, Audits, Company and Marketing Promotions and Revenue Management initiatives.
- Budget / Forecast reviews.
- Conduct Strategy Sessions and Specialized Training.
- Participate in conference calls and attend and actively participate in Revenue Management team meetings.
- Monitor and make recommendations regarding the property’s website, PPC and SEO.
- Consult with the General Manager and regional operations team to formulate transient and group strategies encompassing all facets of pricing, demand analysis, yield management, market segmentation and business mix.
- Analyze Smith Travel Reports, Hotelligence Reports and Performance Reports.
- Manage critical process requirement for major projects to improve department function.
- Consult with Corporate Executive Team, GM, DOSM and Area Directors of Revenue Management to identify hotel issues/concerns with regards to revenue and market share improvement plan.
- Monitor, identify and communicate needed changes to existing tactical and strategic plans to optimize revenue potential and market share growth.
Perform other related duties as requested by the General Manager, Corporate Director of Revenue Strategy & E-Commerce and Vice President of Operations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Revenue Management: 3 years (Required)
- Hospitality Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.