Posted September 22, 2022Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
The Information Technology (IT) department for the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians (the Tribe) provides and supports a leading edge technology infrastructure to the organization in support of ever changing technological advances in the Gaming industry and the Tribe’s business enterprises. The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is key to the success of the IT staff to meet the demands of this technically proficient and high demand department. Under the direction of the GIS Manager, the GIS Analyst is responsible for: Map production, data analysis, GPS data capture/collection and GIS development/maintenance of the Tribal GIS databases and Unmanned Aerial Systems. The GIS Analyst will be proficient with the enterprise GIS platform.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Map production, analysis, database creation and web application development.
2. Collection and research of data and information from a variety of planning sources (federal, state, county, city, tribal, contractor) for the development and maintenance of the GIS databases including, but not limited to, the creation, verification, and update of various spatial data layers used in our studies.
3. Perform preflight, post flight planning, flight operations, safety and management of Unmanned Aerial Systems.
4. GIS support for Tribal projects including, but not limited to, data, analysis, maps, research, and field work for the management and monitoring of the Tribe’s resources.
5. Integration of parcel data from legal descriptions using coordinate geometry.
6. Assist GIS Manager with standards establishment/execution, and system administration including but not limited to, metadata standards, database design, etc.
7. Data verification of field work which will entail the use of GPS technology.
8. Assist with training end users in the use of GIS software and data.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel was formerly named the San Manuel Casino.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry.
At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!