Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 5,980 properties with more than 950,000 rooms in 117 countries and territories. In the 100 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 18 world-class brands, with the emergence of the Tempo brand and including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognized hotel brand in the world. We have more than 100 million members in our award–winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors.
The Account Director – BEAC will identify manage and grow the highest value and largest potential Share of Wallet accounts for Hilton worldwide. Value of these accounts will be in the region of $7m - $10m to Hilton annually . The role will look after these accounts on a local, national, international and global basis where relevant. They will be developing an understanding of and relationship with a portfolio of BEAC Accounts in order to exceed short and long-term revenue targets for Hilton in the UK and Overseas. This will contribute towards a constant improvement in matching Big Event selling strategy to the needs of Hilton’s Big Event hotels.
The Account Director – BEAC role will work within the Agency Team. Their role will be to identify Big Events, defined as over $35K and move these events around the Hilton Worldwide estate. They may act as a Buddy to a specified European Region assisting the hotels to conduct business and support the conversion of Event business.
What will I be doing?
Planning Activities 20%
- Develops strategies and directions for accounts in remit.
- Identifies and evaluates business opportunities for the company and directs accordingly.
Executes strategic account development plans and supports communications of key messages internallyand externally.
Develops plans to implement long term goals for the business that are the basis for short term goals and annual operational planning.
- Establishes relevant procedures and processes.
- Accountable for the delivery of the strategy and activities of the sales function.
- Total account management focus where applicable.
- Quickly determine the segments within the accounts that provide the greater opportunities.
Organizing Activities 50%
Identifies resources, oversees activities and confers with key stakeholders to ensure objectives of the role (where applicable) and sales function are accomplished.
Implements plans to ensure overall strategic direction of the account base and supports the company’s revenue strategies.
Develops account plans that specify objectives and sales activities to support the defined account strategy and ensure maximum opportunity for account penetration.
- Establishes and develops long term effective working relationships with key customers to drive business.
Manages the meeting RFP process ensuring the correct procedures are in place to support the client and drive business into Hilton.
Manages the strategic relationship with BEAC clients and handles group requests, at times supported by Hilton Direct.
- Ensures relevant updates are sent both to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors and reviews the impact of marketing initiatives on the account strategy.
- Networking with sub account handlers and global leads where relevant.
- Strengthening relationships with key hotels and aligning strategies where relevant.
Accountable for communicating the strategy, ADP, and activities on a regular basis, along with relevant issues, opportunities and successes.
- Manages cross-functional links to other teams, departments and functions.
- Regular meetings to take place to account base throughout the sales territory.
- Attends relevant industry conferences and events.
Directing Activities 10%
Provides direction to Hilton Direct buddy to establish working priorities to achieve objectives for the managed accounts.
Executes with Hilton Direct buddy to achieve account goals through motivation, communication and leadership.
Staffing Activities 5%
- Ensures regular 1:1’s are conducted with Hilton Direct / Sales Support as appropriate to accomplish goals.
Controlling Activities (where applicable) 15%
- Directs and implements proper controls and systems.
- Assesses actual performance to ensure success and takes corrective actions.
- Establishes and enforces policies and procedures to improve overall operations.
- Works within the approved process for activities and expenses to ensure optimal financial results.
Develops and maintains Hilton Best Practice to ensure accurate and up-to-date customer account information is kept.
To ensure information relating to customer requirements, interests and marketing activities is kept up to date through the use of relevant Hilton procedures.
- To provide accurate management reports to review account performance and communicate future plans.
- Reviews customer base to determine new opportunities for account penetration.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of
the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
To communicate regularly with hotels to ensure productive and effective meetings are established and customer information cross referenced and to ensure relevant hotels are well aware of the ‘Customer value’ when dealing with a tender coming from a specific customer.
- Attendance at sales workshops.
- Support sales weeks and blitzes.
- Support joint calls for colleagues visiting.
- Organise familiarisation trips and support the hotels with client attendance.
- Host WebEx calls for the key hotels to support with conversion.
- Additional task may be required
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills: presentations, written and public speaking
- Good understanding of sales process, tools, measurements and systems
Good knowledge of the group, meetings and event market segment, their RFP processes and pricing strategies
- Understanding of competition and marketing strategies
- Strong in account management
- Strong persuading and influencing skills
- Ability to direct collaboration among cross-functional teams including external resources
- Ability to analyse departmental financial data in order to make strategic and tactical decisions
- Leads by example to resolve conflicts, introduce change and ensure collaboration among others
Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behaviour and absolute discretion with sensitive information
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement actions required to achieve functional goals
Strong problem-solving skills including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem-solving skills in others
- Ability to provide development and mentoring to others
- Ability to work independently and manage the work of others
- Ability to deliver performance feedback to team members to improve overall performance
- Ability to adjust plans and priorities as situations change
- Prioritises, organises and uses a systematic approach to get things done
Ability to think and articulate a vision group, meetings and events sales and capable of translating this into practical and tangible actions
- Self-reliant, working with minimal control and direction
Takes calculated risks to achieve results in consultation with immediate supervisor and other relevant team members
- Contributes and is effective when team working with peers
Has good relationship management skills and presents the appropriate professional image to customers and external contacts
- Can handle more than one task/situation at a time
- University degree or experience in lieu thereof
- Significant work experience in customer facing, revenue generating roles within the Group, Meetings and
- Events segment including account management experience
- Experience working in multi-cultural or international settings
- Fluency in English
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications and Sales Force
- Flexibility to travel