Free RTD Pass, Sick Pay, PTO, Benefits package, Employee Incentives
Posted September 22, 2022Hotel Teatro
Position Summary: The primary responsibilities of the Maintenance Engineer assist in the day-to-day operations of the department to ensure compliance with safety standards and five stars standards.
Job Requirements Essential Responsibilities:
- Maintains hotel, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, and other related maintenance activities, using hand tools.
- Replaces air conditioner filters.
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment.
- May tend furnace, air conditioner, and boiler to provide heat, cool air, and hot water for guests.
- Respond to all alarm systems in the hotel including but not limited to fire panel, radio emergencies.
- Maintaining mechanical equipment to include; pumps, motors, electrical issues, commercial washers and dryers, commercial kitchen equipment, HVAC systems and/or refrigeration.
- IT and PC support for Hotel staff.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Understand and use specifications.
- Use hands, arms and fingers.
- Work to precise measurements.
- Visualize how finished product will look or how system will operate.
- Lift and move materials and products.
- Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc.
- Taking instructions and helping other Hotel staff members.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge.
- Work indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Lifting, moving, etc. of up to 50 pounds of weight.
- Walking, bending, kneeling, etc.
- Being able to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards set by Hotel Teatro. Employees with irregular attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Hotel Teatro’s rules and regulations or be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Experience and Education:
- 1 year of experience required, 2-3 years of experience preferred in Hotel Maintenance or Hospitality and entry level IT support environment or related field.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
What it means to be a part of our team…
At Hotel Teatro, we recognize that candidates for employment offer us a great deal more than the words on their resume. While your qualifications and past employment history are a part of our selection process, we place a great deal of emphasis on one’s personality, initiative, creativity and entrepreneurship. It’s this that helps us to develop a successful culture from which our business can thrive. In turn, this unique environment can provide the platform for your personal and professional growth.
While we understand that all organizations must have policies and procedures in place, our philosophy is based upon treating our team members with dignity and respect - empowering them to make appropriate decisions that benefit our guests, employees and owners. Going the extra mile to create an environment of warm, intuitive service is not the exception to the rule…it’s the norm. It’s your unique background, personality, and style that not only creates a compassionate workplace but a contagious service-minded culture.
As a part of our team, you will be joining one of Denver’s most distinctive hotels and the rich history that our building provides. Our 110 guestrooms and suites – recently remodeled with a modern experience juxtaposed with the historic setting of the 20th century Renaissance Revival building in which we are housed. Recognized for its unique boutique concept, Hotel Teatro is a part of the fastest-growing segment in the lodging industry. You can be too!