The Staff Accountant role reports directly to the Controller. The responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Assist in managing revenues received and dispersed including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll, audit, General Ledger reporting, cash handling functions for the hotel and working with purchasing.
- Implement and maintain acceptable accounting practices and procedures as required by company policy and procedures, generally accepted accounting practices, and as effected by local conditions.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards as it relates to finance/accounting and purchasing
- Prepare financial analyses of hotel operations including variance explanation and make recommendations to ensure the achievement of business goals
- Assist in completing period end-closing procedures and reports
- Perform additional administrative duties as assigned by accounting management
- Audit daily and monthly reports to create appropriate journal entries in compliance with GAAP, Hyatt and property SOP, with the objective of producing the monthly financials to be reviewed by ownership and the management company.
- Overseeing monthly owner payment verification & disbursement
- Prepare journal entries with adequate supporting documentation and backup
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards to ensure that those entries are meeting audit requirements.
- Support and guide operational teams to achieve, plan and organize work, communicate goals and schedule/assign work and process to achieve a correct accounting.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Assists with the bi-annual and/or annual internal and external audit process.
- Work in conjunction with Purchasing on guest package receiving and storage.
- Work in conjunction with Purchasing on receiving in Birchstreet.
What’s in it for YOU?
- An entry to the Hyatt Family, a place where we care for people so they can be their best
- 12 free nights at Hyatt hotels globally every year and 50% Discounts at our F&B outlets
- Free meals every day in our employee dining room
- Take pride in working for a company that is in the “100 Best Companies to Work For” by FORTUNE
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage after 30 days of employment
- Vacation days
- Free employee parking
- Family Events and Recognition Celebrations
“Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best – and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose”
- To support our colleagues mental wellbeing we provide access to “Headspace App” for all employees, free of charge as well as Hyatt's wellbeing assessment tool "Hyatt Well-Check"
- Social Activities; Team building outings, Sports/wellbeing activities
- Hotel gym access
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance eligibility after 30 days of employment
“Careers at Hyatt don’t have to follow a traditional career ladder or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather, they can be customized and adapted based an employee’s individual circumstances and take the form of a career lattice”
- With over 700 Hyatt Hotels and Resorts in the United States, opportunities for internal promotions are abundant
- Regular Check-In Conversations with Managers to discuss personal career goals
- A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues; from e-learning to classroom sessions, Hyatt provides different solutions, depending on how you learn best.
- Education assistance of up to $1,000 per year toward personal growth and development
“Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose and we are deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for all”
- The Human Rights Campaign has honored Hyatt among the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality in 2022, for the 18th consecutive year
- Focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within our team through employee support groups (HyPride & Women@Hyatt), workshops and classroom trainings
- Our Vision: Our commitment is to create an environment where people can bring their whole self to work each day – so they can be their best and perform at their best so they can better care for others
- When we say people, we are including everyone from every perspective around the world. There are no exclusions by color, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or any other demographic
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- College level accounting classes is preferred
- Hotel and/or accounting background highly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office preferred
- Expert at Microsoft Excel is a plus
Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers)
Our Values: Respect | Integrity | Humility | Empathy | Creativity | Fun
Hyatt is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Are WE what YOU are looking for?
If the answer is YES, then please complete the application!