To setup and oversee the events audio visual requirement, ensuring a high level of quality and consistency in service delivery. Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
What will I be doing?
As the Audio Visual Executive, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- To resolve all complaints during shift and logs all complaints in log book for further follow up.
- Responsible for all external and internal AV set ups.
- Supervise AV requirements of ongoing functions.
- Co-ordinate with client requirements during and pre-con/ directive meetings.
- Oversee and assist any outside contractors whilst in the event spaces.
- Works with Superior on manpower planning and management needs.
- Conversant with emergency evacuation and fire procedures.
- Prepared to implement assigned tasks during emergencies such as fires, power failures and bomb threats.
- Maintain a high Guest service focus by approaching your job with the Guests always in mind and being proactive in a timely manner towards their needs and request.
- Have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both Guests and colleagues.
- Motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve personal performance.
- Flexible and responding quickly in a positive manner with the changing requirements.
- Maintain high team focus by being co-operative and support the team in the pursuit of team goals.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner that ensures safety and that of others in the workplace.
- Actively promote the services and facilities of the hotel to guests and suppliers of the hotel.
- Ensure proper handling and on-going maintenance of equipment throughout the department.
- Ensure compliance with Food & Beverage audit requirements.
- Seek guidance and support in order to ensure that all the standards are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Ensure the availability of AV equipment suggests the best alternative in case of shortage.
- Report maintenance request to relevant department within the set procedure and follow up through appropriate channels.
- Ensure client feedback is communicated and acted upon internally and manage resolution of any issues with the client within 48 hours.
- Ensure a 100% consistency in Brand Service Standard delivery in all areas and reviews on a regular basis.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of guests and all team members.
- Understand relevant Occupational Health & Safety legislations and their implications on the operation of the department.
- Be familiar with all Risk management and emergency procedures of the hotel and fulfils duties accordingly.
- Upkeep excellent working relationships with team and all other team members of the hotel
- Provide guidance and train the junior AV personnel.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
What are we looking for?
An Audio Visual Executive, serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in similar role.
- Knowledge of various audio visual equipment including lightings and fixtures.
- Knowledge of computers and training techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to details.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Able to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Outgoing personality and willing to work for long hours.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!