A Demi Chef, Banquet prepares and cooks food in all areas of the kitchen according to standard procedures, recipe cards, photographs and given instructions. This role assists the Chef de Partie in training team members. He/ she participates in product development and in controlling the smooth operation of the kitchen.
What will I be doing?
As the Demi Chef, Banquet, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare food for guests and team members efficiently, economically, and hygienically as per standard recipes and procedures.
- Supervise work operations.
- Support the Sous Chef or the Chef de Partie in ensuring smooth operation of the kitchen and prompt service at all times.
- Plan, prepare and implement high quality food and beverage products and set-ups in the restaurant.
- Work seamlessly with recipes, standards and plating guides.
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene according to safe and sound procedures as well as established Food Safety Management System standards.
- Maintain all HACCP aspects within the hotel operation.
- Use all equipment, tools and machines appropriately.
- Work for off-site events when tasked.
- Complete tasks and jobs outside of the kitchen area when requested.
- Assist in inventory taking.
- Knowledgeable of hotel’s occupancy, events, forecasts and achievements.
- Prepare menus as requested.
- Work closely with the Stewarding department to ensure high levels of cleanliness and low levels of lost and breakages.
- Effectively respond to every guests’ requests.
- Learn and adapt to changes.
- Maintain at all times a professional and positive attitude towards team members and supervisors.
- Adhere to established hotel rules and team member handbook, ensuring all team members under your supervision do so as well for the department to operate smoothly.
- Check and follow-up on the ingredients for the ala carte menus, daily menus, and seasonal specials, maintaining the standards of pre-set recipes, portion control and costing at all times.
- Monitor food quality and quantity to ensure the most economical usage of ingredients.
- Check that the quality of food prepared by team members meet the required standard and make the necessary adjustments.
- Monitor overall food operation and ensure that food items are being prepared in a timely and correct manner.
- Understand, practice and promote teamwork to achieve missions, goals, and overall departmental standards.
- The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What are we looking for?
A Demi Chef, Banquet serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Qualification or certification in culinary field.
- Minimum of 3 years as cook in a 5-star category hotel or private restaurant.
- Possess a valid Food Hygiene certificate.
- Must have a variety of seafood and meat processing techniques.
- Proficient with a variety of steaming, baking and soup cooking techniques. (For Chinese / Banquet Kitchen)
- Familiar with a variety of cooked food processing, storing and receiving standards. (For Main Kitchen)
- Proficient in pastry and bread baking techniques. (For Pastry Kitchen)
- Able to work with all products and ingredients.
- Able to set priorities and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Work well in stressful situations, remain calm under pressure and able to solve problems.
- Able to work in a moist, hot and sometimes loud environment.
- Possess good leadership and training skills.
- Up to date with sanitation classes.
- Knowledgeable in HACCP.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!