About the Company
We are a private equity backed start up with a vision to transform the convenience store customer experience with state-of-the-art technology, restaurant quality food, and friendly service. We operate 4 locations, have 20 under development, and plan to open 150 locations over the next 5-years. We are an incredibly passionate group of dream builders who believe we can create the most loved brand when consumers think of food and energy.
How You’ll Bring Energy (Overview & Key Responsibilities)
The future of Neon Marketplace is relationships with our customers where we listen, engage, and become an integral part of their daily lives. The Category Manager is responsible for retail space planning, store design, digital engagement, and revenue management. They will focus on building strong customer relationships, a seamless omnichannel experience, securing new aspirational benefits to enhance our loyalty programs, and negotiating contractual agreements with brand partners. In addition to bilateral relationships, this individual will partner closely with other Neon teams to set priorities and execute.
To be successful, we are seeking a seasoned contributor that’s focused on thoughtfully driving our brand experience. They must have a passion for building strong partnerships and relationships. They must excel in being able to think globally and work cross-culturally, craft/communicate a compelling strategy, analyze/synthesize data, think creatively to find mutual wins, negotiate sound agreements, drive business results, and prioritize work.
What You’ll Need to Succeed (Minimum Qualifications)
Possess top tier skills in retail space planning defining the intersection where creative ideas maximize revenue
- Strong influence and negotiation talent with the ability to build relationships and partner trust
- Working with partners, negotiating margins and rebates
- Proven ability to extract, analyze, and synthesize data
- Utilize syndicated data, consumer data, (loyalty and point of sale), internal data, and shopper data to uncover opportunities and provide analytical recommendations
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic omnichannel category business plans, including business, market, competitive, and shopper trends
- Proven track record in managing complex projects and reporting results to senior level audiences
- Drive for improving Neon’s business results
- Be an advocate and have a passion for brand loyalty members
- Strong written and oral communications, good communicator with a clear vision
- Experience with retail merchandising and space planning
- Understand a culture of differences and have a passion for building relationships
- Ability to travel regionally up to 25% of the time, with occasional global travel
What Will Give You a Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience with PDI Software specifically Enterprise, Pricebook, and Mobile Application
- Marketing related experience with a brick-and-mortar retailer
- Marketing related experience with a 3rd Party Delivery Service
- Competitive Salary
- Employee performance based annual Bonus
- Health Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Growth Opportunities
About the Team
Neon Marketplace has a unique dynamic – working with internal team members, investors, bankers, and business partners across our network.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.