We are currently hiring for a Sales Manager. The ultimate mission of this role will be to solicit, sell, and contract rooms for the assigned markets in coordination with transient demand patterns and existing group business to maximize hotel rooms and related revenues. To accomplish this the Sales Manager will be responsible for maintaining and growing relationships with existing accounts and soliciting new group sales accounts.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates and executes strategic sales plans to identify, attract and retain appropriate business to the hotel
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections, and written communication
- Attend trade shows, industry meetings, and community events
- Overnight travel for business-related activities as needed
- Prepare sales proposals for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate based on individual clients and accounts
- Skillfully respond to incoming leads and maximize conversion from all lead sources
- Analyze and manage business opportunities to achieve the highest profit margins for department and hotel
- Knowledge of local market trends, competition, and key accounts of the hotel
- Creatively sells available hotel space to maximize revenue
- Negotiate and finalize contracts within approved Crestline guidelines
- Ensure proper usage and that all required information is entered into sales software including all significant client communication
- Establishes on-sight customer contact as needed and introduces customers to the service staff
- Follows up with clients after each function to ensure satisfaction and solicit additional business
- Conducts oneself at all times in a professional business manner, acts as a professional representative of the hotel, and an enthusiastic member of the sales team
- Volunteers and assists other sales members as needed in the achievement of their goals to ensure departmental and hotel goals are met
- Assists Director of Sales with an annual business plan and budget
- Executes and drafts sales action plans
- Position may be required to occasionally work flexible hours and weekends
This position may or may not include:
o Obtaining rooming lists, catering selection, and set-up details from clients
o Finalizing BEOs and contacting customers for final counts as needed
o Trace files to ensure correct payment
o Proper procedures pre and post function to ensure payment
o Communicates with appropriate departments regarding set-up changes and final count
o Ensures that guest rooms and meeting rooms are blocked
o Provide accurate forecasts to operational departments to ensure proper staffing
Education and Experience
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One to two years of experience in hotel and/or conference center sales; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the above knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer programs effectively and efficiently, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, property management system, sales software, timekeeping system, etc.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Advanced knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, writing and executing action plans, and hotel operations.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
Preferred Skills and/or Education
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.