Job Title: Nail Technician
FLSA Classification: Nonexempt (Hourly)
Salary Range: $14.00- $20, per hour
Reports to: Spa Manager
Summary/objective: Provides nail care and supporting services.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Greet each guest, enthusiastically and with a smile to create a friendly positive experience.
- Conforms to AAA Four Diamond Standards.
- When appropriate, up sell products and services.
- Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
- Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
- Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa services presently offered.
- Maintains the highest level of nail care knowledge for both hands and feet and has complete understanding of all spa services presently offered.
- Possesses proficiency in standard nail services of nail grooming, polish application, massage, and exfoliation.
- Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to the guests. Answers guests questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Recommends products for home use.
- Performs all treatments on services menu based on current certifications.
- Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment, including sinks, bowls and foot baths on a daily/service to service basis with brushes and barbacide.
- Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for daily/special events.
- To attend all mandatory meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Fully aware of and comply with Inns policies and procedures as identified in the procedure manual and handbook.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Working conditions are based in a hospitality setting.
- Associates may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Noise level in work environment is usually moderate.
- Exposure to cleaning solvents, chemicals, essential oils, and other spa related products.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the spa treatment area and property, including walking up to 1 Â½ mile, climbing stairs and standing for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- Use muscles for extended periods without getting tired.
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
- Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
- Be physically active for long periods without getting tired or out of breath.
- Make fast, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls.
- Keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to learn new services and understand product ingredients.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and correspondence.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Required education and experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Nail Technician Experience
- Nail Technician License under Connecticut
Additional eligibility requirements
- Experience in nail services including manicures and pedicures
- Maintains all current licenses and certifications
- Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintains high standards for work area and appearance and presents self in highly professional manner to staff and guest.
- Available days, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
Saybrook Point Resort & Marina requires all newly hired employees to provide documentation that they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Saybrook Point Resort & Marina is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.