Job Title: Esthetician
FLSA Classification: Nonexempt (Hourly)
Salary Range: Prevailing Minimum Wage/Fixed Fees/Commissions/Service Charge
Reports to: Director of Spa/Spa Manager/Spa Treatment Lead
Summary/objective: The Esthetician position will perform skin, body, nails and hair removal treatments. The Esthetician will consult with clients to assess their requirements, make informed recommendations and explain services, assist them to select appropriate treatments, and ensure their care and satisfaction. This role is responsible for meeting revenue goals, ensuring client retention and building a solid client base.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Greet each guest, enthusiastically and with a smile to create a friendly positive experience.
- Conforms to AAA Four Diamond Standards.
- To perform salon services which include skin analysis, facials, nails, waxing, and make up application following the established protocols, and allotted treatment times.
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Welcoming clients in a warm, friendly manner, accompanying them to and from treatment rooms, and thanking them sincerely on departure.
- Interviewing clients to obtain information about contraindications and examining skin to evaluate suitability of treatments.
- Advising clients on skin care and recommending suitable treatments and home care regimens.
- When appropriate, up sell products and services
- To consistently offer the highest level of personalized guest service while maintaining an enthusiastic and helpful attitude.
- To prescribe in written format home care products and treatment as appropriate.
- Adhering to appointments in a timely manner by monitoring time schedule.
- Maintaining product knowledge to promote and sell spa and salon services, and retail products.
- Cleaning and sanitizing work areas, changing treatment room sheets, and sterilizing all instruments and equipment before each use.
- Ensuring that the spa is adequately stocked with spa supplies and reporting shortages to the supervisor.
- To conserve and monitor supplies and assets of the Saybrook Point Resort & Marina
- To perform opening and closing checklists, replenishing supplies, cleaning equipment and re-stocking laundry.
- To assist in the training of other team members as directed.
- To assist with special projects, events and promotions as needed.
- To use available time to help with spa operations as requested.
- Report to management, immediately all inappropriate guest behavior.
- Understand the requirements for meeting inappropriate guest behavior such as knowing how to immediately suspend the service. Provocative behavior or language by guests will result in immediate termination of service.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions
- To attend all mandatory meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Fully aware of and comply with Inns policies and procedures as identified in the procedure manual and handbook.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Working conditions are based in a hospitality setting.
- Associates may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Noise level in work environment is usually moderate.
- Exposure to cleaning solvents, chemicals, essential oils, and other spa related products.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the spa treatment area and property, including walking up to 1 Â½ mile, climbing stairs and standing for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- Use muscles for extended periods without getting tired.
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
- Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
- Be physically active for long periods without getting tired or out of breath.
- Make fast, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls.
- Keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to learn new services and understand product ingredients.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and correspondence.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Required education and experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Certificate from Licensed Esthetics School.
- State Board License
Preferred education and experience
- Proven experience working as a Spa Massage Therapist.
- CPR and First Aid certifications
Additional eligibility requirements
- Familiar with skincare treatments lines.
- Proficient in full face and body waxing procedures and techniques.
- Experience in makeup application and lash and brown tinting.
- Experience in nail services including manicures and pedicures
- Maintains all current licenses and certifications
- Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintains high standards for work area and appearance and presents self in highly professional manner to staff and guest.
- Available days, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
Saybrook Point Resort & Marina requires all newly hired employees to provide documentation that they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Saybrook Point Resort & Marina is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.