Finance & Accounting
Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
As a member of the Global Design Systems business support team, the Sr. System Analyst, Global Design Applications Business Support will contribute to the functional and technical support of the systems used by Global Design (ReMAP, PCDW, Mosaic, MarrTool, Concur, etc.). She/he will:
- Provide recurring and non-recurring application support services.
- Troubleshoot and help resolve moderate to complex application and process issues impacting the business.
- Provide report, query development, testing, implementation, maintenance and analysis guidance and support; and
- Support applications upgrades/enhancements.
- Execute the more complex elements of day-to-day production support, system maintenance and configuration activities (e.g., batch process administration and monitoring; tier 2 or 3 end-user support; metadata export/refresh).
- Complete general ledger configuration and master data maintenance activities (e.g., allocations, chartfields, trees, combination edits, run controls, journal sources, etc.).
- Work collaboratively and directly with the business and IR to understand and translate business needs and develop appropriate solutions.
- Participate in the analysis, development, test, and implementation of new configuration specifications to align with business requirements.
- Lead efforts to implement systems enhancements and upgrades.
- Develop systems and process documentation, and end-user training and support materials for the Global Design applications.
- Serve as an escalation point of contact for software and hardware issues in Global Design.
- Troubleshoot, identify, and implement technical fixes for product issues, integration issues, data discrepancy and business reporting.
- Execute configuration / creation of dashboards, reports.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Proficiency in advance MS Excel, MS Macros, Pivot tables and is required.
- Experience with creating reports and queries utilizing relational database (SQL)
- Experience defining business requirements and then creating, implementing, and maintaining financial models and templates.
- Experience with PeopleSoft reporting technologies such as BI Publisher, SQR and Peoplesoft Query Manager and Query writing.
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Key Talents And Experience
- Minimum 4 years financial applications management and/or financial accounting management experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials or Procurement modules required.
- Knowledge of reporting data warehouse preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted finance and accounting policies, principles, and controls.
- General knowledge of Marriott and administrative accounting and reporting processes and systems preferred.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills; ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner.
- Operates with a collaborative mindset to ensure that key stakeholders are considered, builds relationships to leverage information and insights; communicates well with stakeholders; openly shares and does not withhold information.
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to maintain effective relationships, both internally and externally with a broad group of stakeholders to foster trust.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing; listens to others and effectively comprehends information.
- Responsive; able to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- Results oriented; able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have hands on experience doing root cause analysis from application logs, identifying sources of data discrepancies and ways to resolve them.
- Supports change within the organization.
Education And Professional Certification
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or related field.
- This position will be based at MI Corporate Headquarters.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|