1. Maintain complete knowledge of and ensure associate compliance with all
departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
2. Train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide
open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when
3. Establish the day's priorities and assign production and preparation tasks
for staff to execute.
4. Create daily menu specials and receive feedback from Assistant General Manager.
5. Review banquet event orders and make note of any changes.
6. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
7. Take physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
8. Requisition the day’s supplies and ensure that they are received and
stored correctly. Communicate needs with Assistant General Manager and Director of Finance. Ensure quality of products received.
9. Meet with the Steward to review equipment needs, banquet plate up
assistance, cleaning schedule/project status, health/safety and sanitation and follow up.
10. Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled; document any late or
11. Ensure that each kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools,
supplies and equipment to meet the business demand.
12. Ensure that recipe cards, production schedules, plating guides,
photographs are current and posted.
13. Ensure that all staff prepares menu items following recipes and yield
guides, according to department standards.
14. Monitor performance of staff and ensure all procedures are completed to
the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
15. Observe guest reactions and confer with service staff to ensure guest
16. Conduct frequent walk throughs of each kitchen area and direct respective
personnel to correct any deficiencies. Ensure that quality and details are
17. Consult with Executive Chef in menu development and execution.
18. Work with catering department to ensure guest satisfaction and
exceeding/meeting guest expectations.
19. Review sales and food cost with the Executive Chef.
20. Ensure that excess items are utilized efficiently.
21. Oversee and direct training of new hires in specified phases of the kitchen
operation. Maintain an on-going training program for existing staff. Back
to basics training maintained.
22. Maintain hotel policies and standards.
23. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
24. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
25. Adhere to all COVID guidelines, policies and procedures set forth by the CDC, local jurisdiction Crescent Brand and Ownership.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Immerse yourself in the rich history and classic sophistication of the Delta Hotels Baltimore Hunt Valley. Situated on 17-acres, our campus-like environment offers guests a tranquil escape from the tumult of Baltimore. Each of our guestrooms and suites features floor-to-ceiling windows and is luxuriously appointed with elegant decor and smart amenities like complimentary WiFi and plush bedding. Enjoy casual bites at Cafe 245 with a Starbucks coffee, or savor a signature handcrafted cocktail in the stylish confines of the Polo Lounge & Bar. Our Hunt Valley, MD hotel across from the charming Hunt Valley Town Center and light rail is the only full-service Marriott in the area.