Come and join us on Tuesday, January 10, 2023, between 1pm-4pm to meet us in person!
1227 Broadway, entrance on 30th Street and Broadway, New York NY 10001
Who we are:
Virgin businesses, starting with our illustrious founder, Sir Richard, are a roll up your sleeve’s kind of place. At Virgin Hotels, we are focused on the teammate experience, whether that is ensuring we have the best talent, focusing on training or just sharing the love at a team event. Above all else, the Guest Service Agent will be a culture carrier, working daily to ensure all Virgin Hotels New York teammates have a great experience at work every single day. At Virgin Hotels, nothing is ever "usual" so not only do you have to be willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done, but you have to be willing to have fun doing it. We want the Virgin Hotels New York to be considered one of the best places to work in the hospitality industry and we need Know Agents who can help us get there.
We want someone who thinks outside the box. Our Belief Statement starts with “We love what we do and what we do is important.” Every single teammate in our hotel is valued and we expect our guests to feel the same way. This isn’t a walk in the park, but if you are passionate about people, share our quirky sense of humor, and are able to see beyond the traditional scope of checking in and out, then this just might be the right role for you. We aim to deliver outstanding guest service to our guests and the team by offering timely, efficient, knowledgeable, warm and truly remarkable service. We achieve that magical environment by assisting our guests with their check-in & check-out process while engaging them with our personalized service. Enthusiastically using our talents to sell our experience to our guests. Greeting each and every guest with an authentic and warm approach. Ensuring you are fully informed of hotel & city events to be a source of information for our guests. Using tact and creativity to handle each guest concern to make sure everyone leaves our hotel feeling better.
Okay…sounds really interesting but exactly what will I be doing?
• Maintain the Virgin “Tone of Voice,” culture & level of standards set forth by the management team.
• Manage The Know program to ensure guest profile information is relevant and it is being utilized to dazzle our guests during their stay.
• Gather preferences from our guests to create personalized experiences.
• Complete audits of profiles in both HMS and Cendyn to eliminate duplicates and to ensure we do not miss a Know member’s arrival.
• Archive lists of amenities delivered for future reference.
• Be a “utility” person and complete several different tasks including:
o Delivering amenities & other items to rooms.
o Obtaining items outside of the hotel for our guests.
o Inspecting guestrooms and other light housekeeping duties as necessary.
• Maintain complete knowledge of the following at all times.
o Hotel features/services, hours of operation.
o All room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments & location.
o All room rates, special packages and promotions.
o Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
o Room availability status for any given day.
o Scheduled daily group activities.
• Use excellent communication skills with guests and staff including verbal, written and body language.
• Monitor and respond to review sites and reputation management using Revinate tool (Facebook Reviews, OTA’s, Google Business, TripAdvisor) using Virgin Hotel's Tone of Voice ("TOV") and non F&B reviews. using the Revinate tool
• Learn and retain knowledge of all front office technical systems (HMS, Cendyn, GoConcierge, etc.).
• When needed, assist and process check-in & check-outs for our guests in accordance with their preference (traditional, kiosk, iPad).
• When needed, assist our YES and Reservations agents by answering phone calls and other PBX duties.
• Maintain a clean, hygienic and organized work environment. Set up work station with necessary supplies.
• Communicate timely and in a responsive manner via digital device.
• Ensure all guest questions & requests are completed & followed up on while executing fabulous guest service.
• Be creative and think outside the box to create memorable experiences for our guests.
• Work well on a team or independently while being accountable for work performed.
• Take, record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly. * Enthusiastically describe details of food dishes and beverages available in all F&B outlets.
• Complete all items on the shift checklist.
• Adhere to security procedures to ensure our guest’s safety.
• Be a team player!
• Highly organized, anticipating needs and over delivering wherever possible.
• Must be enthusiastic, passionate and possess a wicked sense of humor! No wallflowers permitted!
What else do I need to know?
Education & Experience:
• High school or equivalent education required.
• Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations.
• Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English with guests, management/co-workers, both in person and on the telephone.
• Proficient computer knowledge.
• Current, legal and unrestricted ability to work in The United States.
Candidates must have the ability to:
• Stand for periods of 8-10 hours.
• Input and access data in various computer systems.
• Understand guest inquiries and provide clear, concise responses.
• Work with others like a rock star, while constantly advocating for your guests.
• Communicate clearly in verbal and written English.
• Work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team.
• Focus attention on details.
• Maintain confidentiality of all guests and hotel information.
• Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per hotel standards.
• Bend, squat and stretch in areas of limited space to perform cleaning, organization and other duties.
• Adhere to hotel policies including but not limited to attendance, safety, behavior.
Should you decide to accept it…
Communication and collaboration are king (or queen) and although this position starts on the sales team, they work with every hotel department to ensure each guest stay or group goes off without a hitch. It helps if the guest sings our praises too.
Virgin Hotels celebrates diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Virgin Hotels is set to open its new property in New York City this year. Fancy a preview of what to expect? Dive right in…
The city that never sleeps will be home to a brand new Virgin retreat in 2022, where you’ll find all the little touches you’ve come to expect from Virgin Hotels. We’re talking beautiful Chambers, a personalised welcome and a bed so comfortable you might be tempted to actually catch some zzz's – despite NYC’s buzzing rep.
Located on the northwest corner of 29th Street and Broadway in the heart of Manhattan, Virgin Hotels New York City is close to many of NYC’s hottest attractions. Central Park, the Met and Theater District (jazz hands at the ready) are all in easy reach.
This is a new-build hotel, with 463 Chambers, meeting spaces and plenty of restaurants and bars, including the brand’s flagship space, Commons Club. You won’t find anywhere else like it in the city.
Virgin Hotels New York City will also offer incredible event spaces, with amazing views of the Big Apple cityscape. The perfect spot to wow your guests over a Martini or three, with front-row seats to one of the world’s most hip and happening neighbourhoods.
Virgin Hotels New York will open its doors next year, and the countdown begins right now. Head over to the Virgin Hotels website to keep up with all the latest news, and get dreaming and scheming for your next NYC getaway.