Who we are:
We love what we do and what we do is important! We believe that everyone should leave feeling better – this means not just our guests, but also our teammates. Everyone should go home feeling better because they learned something new, or had fun working that day. Therefore, we hire unique individuals who work together to create amazing experiences for our guests. We recognize that every member of the team contributes to the success of the whole hotel. No-one is more important than anyone else, and unless we are in it together, we can’t create that special experience for our guest.
Should you decide to accept it…
Sometimes a guest wants to be introduced to a handcrafted cocktail or a celebratory bottle of wine. Other times, a guest just wants a local, favorite brew. You cater to all because what matters to you in the end is that our guests are happy and comfortable in our presence.
If you consider yourself a professional mixologist and have a passion for making people happy with your bartending skills and honorary degree in psychology, then this job is surely for you! If you can communicate, coordinate and work well with other teammates in serving our guests, then you will have a successful career with us. Most of all, we want you to have FUN since you will play a huge role in creating that memorable guest experience!
What exactly you will be doing…
In helping you understand your role in working for a world class organization, the following is a list of your essential job responsibilities. Please keep in mind that this list is not all inclusive and that you may be asked to perform other job tasks by your supervisors/managers not listed below in the constant quest to provide “out of this world” customer service experience for our guests:
· Must love people and have a passion for serving others and the community
· Preparation will be key. Prep the bar daily, maintain it during the shift and clean it nightly in preparation for the next shift
· Maintain a clean, hygienic and organized work environment including stocking of supplies, washing and polishing glassware, folding napkins, cleaning menus, sanitizing tables, etc.
· Stock the bar as necessary in accordance with company guidelines regarding liquor requisition
· Adhere to company standards regarding food and beverage knowledge
· Orchestrate an extraordinary guest experience through positive guest interaction
· Be able to guide guests through aspects of our hotel and our city
· Ensure that guests are of legal drinking age by asking for an appropriate ID card
· Handle a cash bank and adhere to company policies regarding money handling
· Accurately enter all items into POS system and charge guests accordingly
· Comply with sanitation standards and notify management of any issues
What qualities are we looking for?
You got skills? If you are able to perform the following, then you have come to the right place…
· Lift and carry 50 lbs, carry and balance plates, carry kegs, wine and beer cases as necessary
· Learn and sell extensive food menu and beverage list
· Stand for periods of 8-10 hours
· Must enjoy being around and working with people
· Work with others like a rock star, while keeping the guests and teammates the focus
· Communicate clearly in verbal and written English
· Comply with all safety and health department procedures as well as all state and federal laws
· Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per hotel standards
· Bend, squat and stretch in areas of limited space to perform cleaning, organization and other duties
· Adhere to hotel policies including but not limited to attendance, safety, behavior
· Current, legal and unrestricted ability to work in the United States
· High school or equivalent education required.
· Food Service Handler Card and TIPS certification that is currently valid for a minimum of at least 6 months
· Preferred: 1-2 years’ experience in a full service restaurant or lounge
Virgin Hotels is proud to be an equal employer
Virgin Hotels is set to open its new property in New York City this year. Fancy a preview of what to expect? Dive right in…
The city that never sleeps will be home to a brand new Virgin retreat in 2022, where you’ll find all the little touches you’ve come to expect from Virgin Hotels. We’re talking beautiful Chambers, a personalised welcome and a bed so comfortable you might be tempted to actually catch some zzz's – despite NYC’s buzzing rep.
Located on the northwest corner of 29th Street and Broadway in the heart of Manhattan, Virgin Hotels New York City is close to many of NYC’s hottest attractions. Central Park, the Met and Theater District (jazz hands at the ready) are all in easy reach.
This is a new-build hotel, with 463 Chambers, meeting spaces and plenty of restaurants and bars, including the brand’s flagship space, Commons Club. You won’t find anywhere else like it in the city.
Virgin Hotels New York City will also offer incredible event spaces, with amazing views of the Big Apple cityscape. The perfect spot to wow your guests over a Martini or three, with front-row seats to one of the world’s most hip and happening neighbourhoods.
Virgin Hotels New York will open its doors next year, and the countdown begins right now. Head over to the Virgin Hotels website to keep up with all the latest news, and get dreaming and scheming for your next NYC getaway.