Posted November 24, 2022DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The core responsibility of the Assistant Manager – Income Audit is to check that all charges raised by each department have been properly posted to guests accounts or otherwise accounted for, the correct procedures have been followed and that all daily income that should have been received by the hotel was received.
What will I be doing?
As Income Audit Manager, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Audit the daily revenue figures, supporting reports and vouchers as well as audit the daily General Cashier’s Report.
• Ensure that Daily and Monthly Revenue and Settlement Reconciliation is prepared on a timely basis and all revenue is captured and reported.
• Ensure all gifts or entertainment voucher are controlled as per the policy.
• Review all entertainment dockets and officers’ checks, ensuring that all are authorized and signed with the appropriate level of detail.
• Check that complimentary rooms have been appropriately authorized.
• Audit the telephone and internet interface reports to ensure all the respective revenue has been posted.
• Ensure the relevant Front Office and Outlet reports are printed, audited and filed in chronological order.
• Verify transactions posted in the daily report, including but not limited to credit cards, city ledger, crew allowances, paid outs, allowances and rebates, miscellaneous charges, voiding, car park revenues, and room safe keys.
• Prepare rebate and allowance summary and rebate journal.
• Reconcile credit card charges between electronic credit card machine and point of sale system on a daily basis.
• Prepare daily revenue report for the Director of Finance / Financial Controller.
• Ensure that all concessionaires’ revenue is reconciled and recorded accurately.
• Check the Room Rate Discrepancy Report to ensure that all rate changes, upgrades, etc. have been properly authorized.
• Ensure that the Room Status Discrepancy Report is printed twice daily, and any exceptions noted are reported.
• Record cashier overs / under in the relevant reports and followed up with the Outlet Managers or Front Office Manager.
• Follow up on any discrepancies, incomplete work or missing information with the relevant departments.
• Ensure all paid out vouchers have proper authorization, signatures and backup.
• Follow up with Revenue / Reservation team to ensure that no-shows are reviewed, and charges made accordingly.
• Audit the daily food and beverage report, verifying the cashier’s remittance to the General Cashier’s Report.
• Ensure that all restaurant and bar checks are properly accounted for and banquets and functions revenues are entered.
• To be fully conversant with the hotel Manual Contingency Plan in case of computer system failure and ensure that all manual procedures are followed and adhered to.
• Ensure the accurate and timely input of data to the general ledger system.
• Maintain adequate and up to date files.
• Conduct monthly house float and petty cash count and safety deposit boxes audit.
• Check and ensure that room variance reports are properly kept and interpreted, reporting any unreasonable variance promptly.
• Handle all requests and inquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
• Flexible in relation to working hours, especially at month end.
• Perform any additional tasks assigned to ensure that the department functions smoothly.
• Minimize the risks of accidents and workers compensation costs by ensuring the correct work practices are used and that the area is safe from hazards.
What are we looking for?
An Income Audit Manager serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• University Degree, preferably in Commerce, Accounting & Management or any other Accounting qualification.
• Previous experience in a managerial operational accounting role.
• At least 2 years of working experience as Income Auditor Supervisor in the hospitality industry.
• Knowledge of F&B cashiering, front desk cashiering and night audit.
• IT qualification (Fidelio & Micros）/ training.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Good communication and analytical skills.
• Possess system skills in OnQ, OPERA, Micros, SUN.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur welcomes you with a signature warm cookie and outstanding Malaysian hospitality. Conveniently located in the heart of the Malaysian capital city and connected to The Intermark office and shopping development, this Kuala Lumpur hotel is within a 10-minute walk of Petronas Twin Towers and Kuala Lumpur Convention Center. Ampang Park LRT metro station is only 5 minutes via covered walkway.
Dine in five hotel restaurants and bars offering a wide selection of dining options from local cuisine to home-style Italian fare. The hotel’s signature restaurant, Makan Kitchen, provides an authentic regional Malaysian dining experience.
Swim laps in the outdoor saltwater pool and stay fit in the 24-hour fitness center fully equipped with cardio and free weight equipment. We have 37,000 sq. ft. of meeting space with the latest A/V equipment and technology for your next business event or conference. Impress delegates in the Grand Ballroom with a capacity of 1,300 guests.
Our contemporary guest rooms have relaxing, modern amenities including a pillow menu and a rain shower.