Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
The Vice President, Global Brand Operations, Select Brands is the leader of the Global Operations Select Segment Team, which defines and develops operational platforms for Marriott International’s portfolio of Select Brands. The Vice President will be responsible for developing, implementing and deploying a comprehensive and long-term operational strategy for supporting all brands within the F&B, Meetings & Events, Rooms, service standards, Procurement and work across the business and the continent teams.
In addition, the position will also be the interface between Brand Management and Global Operations (GO). S/he will be accountable for leading product development and enhancement by creating new products and services and evolving existing ones. The leader will collaborate with cross-functional project teams to design new concepts and refine existing features to continually improve adoption and the overall guest experience. A key component of this role is leading all parts of the guest-centered design process (i.e., ideation, proof of concept, build, pilot, and deployment) and in creating deliverables at varying levels of fidelity; from quickly capturing a concept’s value proposition to creating final products and services.
Key accountabilities include: on behalf of Brand Management, represents brand strategy and voice to the GO teams, Continent leaders, Corporate leadership and individual project teams; provides local/continent perspective back to Headquarters brand teams, monitoring market trends and competition to ensure global brand strategy aligns to local consumer and operational differences; acts as lead on all brand operations projects to ensure necessary project resources are secured for the project; coordinates the prioritization, design and development, launch for annual brand experience design; serves as liaison with other stakeholders (e.g., owner and franchise services) to ensure projects meet their specific needs or operating parameters; participation in annual brand strategy meetings and liaising with brand and discipline teams to ensure proposed work aligns to brand’s long term consumer positioning; provides strategy contribution back to the long range plans for brands he/she supports.
This role will have a dual reporting relationship to the Senior Vice President, Marriott Select Brands and Senior Vice President, Global Operations + Program Operations.
Education And Experience Required
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in business management leadership
- Direct experience managing large, complex cross-function project teams, with a track record of success
- Deep experience in lifestyle, premium and select hotels
- Proven ability to build & sustain Owner and Franchisee relationships
- Deep understanding of product-centric, innovation, design, and user experience
- Experience leading, coaching and developing design teams, teaching about the business and building an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong negotiating, influencing and problem resolution experience
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize, project manage and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Education And Experience Preferred
Graduate/Post Graduate Degree
- Lifestyle GM Experience, multi-brand operations experience, new hotel openings experience and above-property experience
Brand Management And/Or Marketing Experience
International Work Experience (Non Us)
Core Work Activities
Brand Design Expertise
- Works with Brand leaders to identify core brand proof points, build business cases, strategic rationale and operational implications of new initiatives
- Provides brand perspective on the development and execution of Brand Strategy Initiatives and in the Long-Range Planning process
- Works with Continent leadership, Global Operations (GO), Consumer Experience, Human Resources, and other discipline leads to tailor programs specifically for the brands he/she supports
- Leads the ideation, concepting, proof of concept, build, pilot and deployment phases of brand projects and serves as primary point of contact for brand leaders
- Understands and can convey to senior leaders what service and product touch points help activate the brand experience design strategy in a compelling, research-based way
- Advocates for brand strategy and initiatives within continent; inspiring all functions and hotels to understand how to activate our brands for our customers
- Serves as customer advocate by helping project team understand target consumer needs based on data and experience, and keeping the team focused on delivering a project that delivers on brand promise to consumer
- Leads operations-based brand programs with respective disciplines at Headquarters and with counterparts in the Continent structure
- Leverages operational expertise as a subject matter expert to anticipate barriers to execution at the continent and local levels
- Collaborates with Continent, GO, and Brand leaders to develop solutions to address challenges; feed this information back to project team and continent leaders
- Acts as a resource to project teams regarding brand standards and any potential impact to brand standards because of project
- Drives compliance with all initiatives to ensure projects can be effectively evaluated
- Ensure any and all cost impacts to unit level economics have alignment with brand and continent teams before deployment
Managing And Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Promotes the fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department (e.g., staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with customer and employees.
- Incorporates customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns
- Promotes adherence to policies consistently, follows disciplinary procedures and documents items according to Standard and Local Operating
Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams and assists with their growth and development plans.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|