Why the Muse New York?
Are you a marketing and social media professional passionate about boutique hotels? The Muse is an independent four-star boutique hotel delivering exceptional guest service. Located in the heart of mid-town Manhattan, we are just steps away from the energy of Times Square and the culture of museums, theater, and fabulous restaurants. The Muse NYC provides the perfect ambiance to bring the adrenaline level down in a relaxing and contemporary environment. As the Marketing Manager of the Muse NYC, you will tell the story that attracts our guests and helps us achieve our financial goals.
Why Crescent Hotels and Resorts?
Crescent was started with a deep belief in our people, encouraging them to apply their energy, passion, and unique abilities to make our hotels run remarkably. When that happens, our guests experience The Crescent Care, an industry-leading ideal.
Our guests benefit from what each associate does as a part of this shared vision. We live the belief that we are successful because of our associates and that every role is important. As you grow, so does Crescent.
We value you and what you do. We manage properties of every size and major brand across North America.
Our goal is to hire the best people and prove that we are the only place you will ever want to work. Join us on that journey and explore the opportunities with us.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager that has a passion for hotel marketing and can see opportunities everywhere. This person will focus on driving revenue and innovation and can adapt and modify plans as market conditions change. This role will create new content and campaigns to increase revenues for our hotel rooms and outlets.
What will you be doing?
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing tactics. Ability to review results and measure the successfulness of channel tactics, including:
- Display advertising
- Social advertising
- Website Content - responsible for reviewing and updating website content, ensuring SEO best practices are implemented. Responsible for providing the digital vendor with content ideas, upcoming events, and assets (i.e., photography)
- Advertising Content - responsible for reviewing, providing actionable feedback, and approving paid advertising copy, display advertisements, and social media advertisements
- Email Marketing - Manage the CRM/ Email Marketing strategy targeting B2B and B2C audiences to drive revenue, develop loyal customers and convey necessary business information. Development of email campaigns including timeline, content, targeting, and management of eblast tool.
- Manage online merchandising opportunities available through third-party channels.
- CMS - Working knowledge of content management systems. Responsible for updating images, creating packages, uploading PDFs, and other sales material.
- Coordination with Sales, Operations, and Revenue Management on packages, offers, and promotions in line with the hotel’s needs.
- Managing online brand, ensuring brand messaging / pillars are pulled through the websites and digital marketing.
- Monitor and assist properties with online reputation management through Trip Advisor, Google, Booking.com, Expedia, etc.
- Oversee the process of photoshoots and implementation of new images for hotels following a photo shoot. Oversee the process of auditing brand sites, OTAs, Social pages, review sites, etc.
- Ability to leverage resources, including corporate support and best practices
- Knowledge of independent systems and resources, including:
- Email & Newsletter Tools
- Amadeus GMS (Guest Management System)
- Overall – The marketing Specialist should create and drive a social media strategy that supports the property with oversight from the DOSM and support as needed from the Corporate Sr Digital Strategist
- Understanding of social media marketing best practices and strategy across all major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Understanding of the best practices for hotels/restaurants/hospitality brands within the social media space and the ability to implement those practices across all channels
- Ability to create professional, relevant, and on-brand content to be published to all profiles
- The ability to strategically think and implement a plan on social media channels that will support brand awareness and more extensive sales & marketing goals
- Ability to set goals and benchmarks for social media success and the ability to strategically plan on how to meet those goals
- Ability to competently engage and respond to guest comments and messages across all platforms; knowledge of how to handle a guest crisis should it arise via social media
- Competency in using or learning additional social media tools - Hyp3r, Sprout Social, etc.
- Assist DOSM with planning and executing PR-worthy activations, programming, amenities, packages, etc.
- Support DOSM with communication with PR agency when needed - for example, assistance with coordinating media visits
- Ability to utilize branding documents provided by branding company to help understand brand story and identity; ability to pull that brand identity through effectively and accurately to other tasks
- Must have some marketing experience, preferably within the hotel industry.
- Comfortable working with property management, revenue, and analytics.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable about current industry & technology trends
- Comfortable with copywriting, taking photos for social and straightforward design in Canva
- You must be organized, have excellent attention to detail, and have strong follow-thru
- You are self-motivated and proactive
- You are a team player and know how to be scrappy
- Problem solver and a creative thinker
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- The role will report to the Director of Sales & Marketing
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)