Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Delivers projects on time, within budget, while meeting Marriott’s expectations. Plans, directs and coordinates activities pertaining to technology projects, on an enterprise level or for a major systems implementation program with multiple releases and work streams. Verifies project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives. Responsible for managing the team that develops and carries out internal information technology projects. Shares responsibility for planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to technology projects for systems and platforms.
Education And Experience
- 7+ years’ experience in information technology project management across diverse application areas and technologies.
- 4+ years’ experience in leading project teams and implementing enterprise application packages in distributed environments
- Undergraduate degree, equivalent experience, or certification
- Graduate degree.
- Scum and Kanban experience
- Project Management Certification, Certified ScrumMaster, Certified Product Owner, or Certified Scrum Professional with active experience in serving in this capacity
- Experience working in highly-complex and fast-paced environments
- Agile Team Participation
- Agile Coaching Experience
- Atlassian (JIRA/Confluence) experience
- Ability to speak in front of large audiences and facilitate large, multi-day ceremonies
- Demonstrated record of managing internal and external projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Solid understanding of current technologies with the ability to develop and deliver projects using leading edge technologies.
- Ability to align change management strategies with project.
- Skilled in conceptualizing creative solutions, documenting them, and presenting/selling them to senior management.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Extremely high level of analytical ability to resolve complex and difficult issues.
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output in a team environment.
Core Work Activities
- Facilitates the work by the team(s) on a project-by-project basis.
- Identifies and deploys resources required for projects. Escalates gaps.
- Functions as escalation to project teams to resolve issues.
- Maintains tools and dashboards to track commitments towards delivery goals.
Managing Projects And Policies
- Performs Information Technology (IT) project planning, including identifying and developing goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identifications of risks, contingency plans, allocation of available resources, and deliverables to meet business need.
- Serves as liaison with business unit, Technology Product team, Shared Platforms team, Security team, and Infrastructure delivery team.
- Develops high-level business requirements including cost estimate for a project to determine whether the project is justified.
- Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to monitor project(s) so that they progress on schedule and within budget.
- Establishes standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules and plans as required.
- Informs the appropriate team members of project status and related issues.
- Interfaces with vendor(s) for programs under direct control.
- Manages project risks.
- Develops and tracks business case, including total process cost.
– Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
–Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Problem Solving And Decision Making
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Building And Contributing To Teams
- Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
– Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Driving For Results
- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Planning And Organizing
- Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
Coworker Relationships Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent And Organizational Capability
- Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning And Applying Professional Expertise
- Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
Business Process And Analysis
– Knowledge of multiple processes within sponsor department; ability to document key process flows, recognize processes for redesign, identify opportunities and translate business processes into information system’s needs. Ability to define quality measures and evaluate performance against standards and to identify issues, risks and possible paths of resolution or mitigation strategies.
It Business Management –
Ability to monitor and evaluate trends in technology, technology delivery mechanisms and IT organizational processes and tools. This includes the ability to redefine processes, make recommendations, and perfect process governance frameworks.
- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills
- Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|