1,000 Sign-On Bonus potential
Posted November 17, 2022Hotel Vinache
Sign-On bonus eligibility requirements are as follows:
$400 - after 30 days
$300 - after 60 days
$300 - after 90 days
1st or end Class Stationary Engineering License
HVAC and Boiler Certification required
Previous chief engineer/ maintenance manager experience required, strongly preferred in a hotel setting
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve
problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or
termination when appropriate.
2. Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems
(e.g., HVAC, plumbing) and other equipment throughout the hotel.
3. Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
4. Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and or
requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
5. Communicate with hotel department heads to become aware of
maintenance needs and ensure timely response to internal requests.
6. Service the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters;
completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
7. Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" (e.g., snow removal, lawn
care, painting, and gardening).
8. Maintain franchise standards and follow-up on inspection deficiencies.
9. Coordinate compliance of service contracts.Page 2 of 3
10. Implements and maintains Crescent’s preventative maintenance program.
11. Implement and maintain Crescent’s room care programs.
12. Implement and maintain Crescent’s engineering department minimum
13. Assist General Manager with annual Capital Plan development.
14. Actively participate in Crescent’s Safety Plan and energy improvements.
15. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
16. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
17. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even
disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can
communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with
their job duties and be a team player. Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards
and security problems in the hotel and act upon each accordingly. Be skilled in several
areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, drywalling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and
landscaping. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical
malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment. Must be willing and able to be responsive
to complaints about maintenance.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is
positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all
times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all
circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working
minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should
always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming,
punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in
hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Vibrant. Captivating. Eclectic. And that’s just on the outside. At Hotel Vinache, you’ll find yourself in the heart of an alluring city with deep roots, many stories to tell, and a soul that comes alive in the form of food, fun, and dynamic culture. Discover an elegant, boutique New Orleans hotel on Canal Street, steps away from The French Quarter and Bourbon Street, where historic venues ooze with personality, music spills out into the streets, and the charm of the city seeps into your heart. Memorable city, memorable stay.