The Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas, 6900 Great Bay, Saint Thomas, Virgin Islands, United States VIEW ON MAP
Manages and supervises all areas of the spa, including its programs, services, hours of operation, facilities and staff. Coordinates the delivery of spa services, including salon, skin care, fitness and wellness, massage, program coordinating, reservations, reception desk and locker room areas. Directs and works with the supervisory team and hourly employees to successfully execute all spa operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
Education And Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the spa, guest services, front desk, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the spa, guest services, front desk, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
Core Work Activities
Managing Spa Operations And Budgets
- Directs and works with the supervisory team and hourly employees to successfully execute all spa operations.
- Selects vendors for spa retail operations and managing contract agreements.
- Manages retail product research, product selection and purchasing, product display.
- Manages supply inventories and purchasing control, including uniforms.
- Monitors the spa's actual and projected sales to verify revenue goals are met or exceeded.
- Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
- Manages and supervises all areas of the spa, including its programs, services, hours of operation, facilities and staff.
- Coordinates the delivery of spa services, including salon, skin care, fitness and wellness, massage, program coordinating, reservations, reception desk and locker room areas.
- Strives to maximize the financial performance of the department
Managing Spa Sales And Marketing Strategy
- Creates and coordinates special services for groups including group gifting programs, group amenities, group turndown gifts, letters and invitations, creating special spa services for specific groups and spa contract addendum negotiation.
- Develops and Manages spa promotions including gifting programs, gift with purchase, co-op marketing efforts and holiday events.
- Verifiess spa services are included in all property-related marketing and advertising.
- Identifies and recommending new products and product enhancements to remain competitive in the market.
Managing Spa Revenue Management Strategy
- Monitors and Manages the payroll function in conjunction with the supervisory staff.
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
- Manages Spa controllable expenses such guest amenities, linen expense, professional salon products, plants, decorations and paper supplies to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring And Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service, and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Reviews findings with employees to develop appropriate corrective action, sharing plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve results.
- Interviews and hires supervisory and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Develops, implements and maintains a Spa orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report supervisors.
- Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Verifies that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizing performance, and producing desired business results.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Strives to continually improve employee satisfaction.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.|