Posted November 17, 2022TownePlace Suites Raleigh Cary
Passion for People?
SUMMIT HOSPITALITY GROUP: GUEST SERVICES MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
SUMMARY: The Guest Services Manager for the Hotel Division of Summit Hospitality Group has leadership responsibility for all duties of the front desk operation which includes staff training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling. The Guest Services Manager will possess strong communication and people skills and a sense of urgency for resolving guest problems and issues with a friendly manner and ensure that appropriate action(s) are taken to guarantee guest satisfaction. This is a very visible position for which adherence to corporate policies and procedures as well as Franchise Brand standards is paramount.
· A minimum of 2-5 years of experience with name Brand hotel/restaurant companies
· 2-5 years of progressive management experience preferred
· Service oriented style with professional presentation and interpersonal skills
· Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
· Clear concise written and verbal communication skills (English)
· Proficient in Microsoft & Excel
· High energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader.
· Interest in career progression in hotel/hospitality management roles
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· The expectations of this position require a 50 hour work week which includes weekends/evenings (Saturday and/or Sunday). Hours beyond 50 must be approved in advance by your supervisor. This only applies to Associates who are non-exempt
· Responsible for short and long term planning and management of the hotel’s Front Office operations
· Develop and recommend the budget, labor costs plans in collaboration with the AGM & GM of the hotel
· Strict adherence to approved budget for the hotel operations
· Ensure proper staffing levels for customer service goals
· Maintain guest room inventory
· Coach and counsel employees to reflect Corporate and Brand Service Standards and Procedures
· Perform all tasks of a Front Office staff as needed to facilitate service
· GSM tasks include: Coding invoices, daily deposits, accounts receivables, scheduling, processing/protecting petty cash, room inspections
· Maintain excellent communications with Housekeeping Department
· Maintain information on prices, rates, special packages, programs, etc.
· Investigate, analyze, resolve and report guest complaints in a timely fashion
· Create expectations, lead people, manage processes, and hold people accountable for the agreed upon tasks and responsibilities
· Cover open shifts due to call offs and/or low business levels
· Must be able to work all shift including weekends and evenings
· Capable of developing and training subordinates
· Inspect public areas and ensure proper cleanliness
· Duties are subject to change and additional responsibilities/tasks may be assigned as needed
· Flexible work schedule
· Able to lift 25 lbs.
· Valid Driver’s License
· Sitting, standing, moving for extended periods of time
Summit Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summit Hospitality Group LTD. and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant's race, color, sex, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity, or on the basis of age with respect to persons 18 years or older.
Discover North Carolina from spacious all-suite accommodations of the Residence Inn Raleigh Cary/Weston Parkway and enjoy home-like comforts with the amenities of a hotel. Conveniently located on I-40, this Cary, NC hotel's location puts guests near UNC Chapel Hill, Duke University, NC State University and Carter Finley Stadium, Triangle Aquatic Center, Triangle Volleyball Club and major sporting and entertainment venues. Guests of this Cary, NC hotel may choose from studio, one- and two-bedroom suites set in a neighborhood-style atmosphere and featuring a complimentary breakfast buffet served daily. Suites include full kitchens and large work areas ideal for families, extended-stay travelers or those simply seeking the comfort of additional space. Located less than three miles from RDU International Airport, guests also enjoy easy access to Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion at Walnut Creek, the NC State Fairgrounds, Booth Amphitheater, PNC Arena and the Carolina Hurricanes.