Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Marriott Talent Development (TD) creates the personalized learning experience for our global associates that power business results. We are a team of learning experts dedicated to creating a people-centered approach to associate development. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning and innovation.
The Learning Technology Ecosystem and Innovation team is dedicated to bringing those learning experiences to all associates via technology, including our Learning Management System (LMS) and Learning Expience Platform (LXP), as well as other online learning technologies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As part of the Learning Technology Ecosystem and Innovation team, the Manager, Learning Content Solutions is responsible for maintaining Learning Content in mHUB, Marriott International’s Global Learning Management System (LMS), as well as other learning technology tools. This role will be responsible for in-depth knowledge of the technical, user, and administrative aspects of the system(s). This role supports online courseware implementations and content management strategies. The Manager, Learning Solutions supports global Learning Coordinators and their usage of Learning in mHUB and the Digital Learning Zone. In addition, this role provides support through generic mailboxes (e.g. L+D), request and support inquiry processing via tools like Identity Shoppe and ServiceNow, and is the Learning Coordinator for many Headquarters instructor-led training offerings. Core activities include:
Implement Online Content
- Implement and test online learning content, as needed.
- Share with course owners/stakeholders best practices and guidance for their LMS deployment strategy.
- Work with course owners/stakeholders to obtain learning request form and online content.
- Perform content testing and work with developers and course owners/stakeholders to resolve issues.
- Provide end-users with access to the online content as defined by the course owner/stakeholder.
- Ensure course owners/stakeholders understand compliance and activity report options.
- Track and manage work activities using prescribed project tracking and work management systems.
Manage the LMS
- Manage Learning in mHUB, Marriott International’s LMS.
- Review and approve requests to add new courses, specializations, or offerings to the Learning in mHUB catalog or change existing courses, specializations, or offerings.
- Identify system defects and enhancements needed and report and track appropriately
- Partner closely with teams (internal and external) to ensure the system and support vendors are executing request processing actions, resolving system defects and issues as expected.
- Attend quarterly meetings (internal and external) to understand functionality enhancements and changes.
- Execute functional testing in Learning in mHUB dev environment prior to production release for quarterly enhancements.
- Create and maintain training materials for end-user functionality; partner with Development for any online content updates.
- Maintain the Learning in mHUB catalog, including an annual review and cleanup of catalog content.
Support Learning Coordinators
- Review and improve administrative and reporting access requests and request process.
- Maintain tracking of global Learning Coordinators.
- Create and maintain training materials for administrator functionality, partner with Development for any online content updates.
- Provide expertise and best practice support to Learning Coordinators and Super Learning Coordinators.
- Generate monthly data reports for Learning Coordinators.
- Work closely with Identity Shoppe point of contacts to report any issues and submit any change requests as necessary.
- Lead the effort to increase Learning Coordinator adoption.
- Function as the Learning Coordinator for HQ scheduled offerings
- Administer additional Learning Technology tools and platforms as necessary.
- Maintain Learning in mHUB training materials and request processing information on the Marriott Global Source intranet.
- Participate in reviews of support/Service Center recorded calls and provide feedback on how to improve end-user and administrator support.
- Lead the bi-annual access audit for the Learning Workstream.
- Assist with Content Database and Digital Learning Zone updates as needed.
Manage Work, Projects, and Policies
- Coordinates and implements work and projects as assigned.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results.
- Manages the flow of questions and directs questions appropriately.
- Works with team(s) to put sustainable work processes and systems into practice to support use of learning technologies.
- Participates with team(s) in resolving learning technologies situations.
- Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
YOU’RE WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR IF:
- You’re curious & inquisitive. You’re a life-long learner and actively seek out exposure to new ideas and practices.
- You’re organized, methodical and can prioritize. You can manage multiple work activities concurrently with minimal supervision, you prioritize work tasks in accordance with goals and you make effective use of time.
- You’re a great communicator. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can do so with clarity, poise and persuasion and are comfortable presenting to teams.
- You must have a high-level of comfortability with complex scenarios.
- You’re a team player. You understand that we all have different strengths and as a result, we’re stronger as a collaborative team. You support your teammates in big and small ways and do your part to create a positive team environment because after all, we spend so much time together and it might as well be fun.
- You’re consultative. You ask questions, you are comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization and do so in a manner that gains confidence and trust.
- You’re analytical. You can dig into new problems, quickly assess situations, use data to inform decisions, and identify gaps with possible solutions.
OUR EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Learning Technology, Computer Science, Business, or related major or job experience.
- 5 years’ experience in the technology, business, management operations, or related professional area.
- Preferred: Expertise managing Oracle Learning Cloud or other Learning Management System (LMS)
- Preferred: Experience working with Learning Experience Platforms (LXP)
- Preferred: Experience with adult learning theory and course/online content implementations
Colorado Applicants Only
The salary range for this position is $59,813.00 to $116,236.00 annually.
New York City & Westchester County, Ny Applicants Only
The salary range for this position is $72,375.00 to $127,863.00 annually.
All Locations offer health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off (including sick leave where applicable), life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|