Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
The Enterprise Data Loss Prevention Engineer (DLP) position is a part of Marriott International Global Information Security team and will be responsible for designing and implementing data loss prevention policies, DLP platform maintenance, upgrades, and monitoring and maintenance of the Marriott International’s enterprise data loss prevention (DLP) solution. This position will provide direct support to the DLP analysts, business and IT staff on DLP and information security related issues. This role will also be responsible for assisting in the evaluation and implementation of products and procedures to enhance our information security productivity and effectiveness.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field or equivalent experience/certification
- 7+ years of experience in information security with 2 years plus experience in an enterprise DLP solution management
3+ years’ experience:
- networking and system administration experience that includes capabilities with IP, TCP/IP and other network administration protocols; operating platforms, database and sub-system platforms and products
- security technologies: Log Management, TLS inspection, URL filtering, DNS
- Testing, analyzing and developing custom scripts (Perl, Python, Shell, etc.
- 1+ years working with data security fundamentals in public cloud (AWS, Azure) and SaaS environments
- Current information security certification, including Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); CCNA
- Familiarity with security frameworks and data loss prevention regulatory frameworks (CSA, NIST, CIS, PCI DSS, GDPR, CCPA)
- Experience in public cloud – AWS, Azure.
- Experience using log analysis tools to troubleshoot issues and to plan for future requirements.
- Policy creation and rule design and updates for the administration security control systems
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to manage the details and compliance with standards and expectations
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple priorities, while meeting deadlines.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Core Work Activities
- Administer and maintain Data Loss Prevention (DLP) system
- Monitor DLP Management Console: analyze platform events, problems or malfunctions, and resolve incident and problem tickets raised from TechConnect (User Help Desk) and DLP Analysts
- Provide support for Data Loss Prevention (DLP) platform including analysis, continuous configuration, tuning and testing of data loss prevention policies
- Document LOB custom report formats, event types, and specific configuration requirements for use in security alerting and remediation workflow
- Perform maintenance on the DLP platform including patching, configuration modifications and upgrades
- Design, implement, review DLP related policies, workflow and system settings following established DLP change process with the assistance of operational tools and resources
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of products and/or procedures to enhance security.
- Review requests for new systems or changes to existing systems and evaluate the impact to security.
- Deploy and monitor additional security products and tools or enhancements to existing tools.
- Monitor daily reports to ensure the effectiveness of new and existing security technology.
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise during data discovery scans, scan related performance issues and agent or network related issues.
- Assist in representing the security needs of the organization by providing DLP and security expertise and assistance on IT projects.
- Assist in the development and enforcement of IT security policies, guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Work closely with peers in a team environment, pair with coworkers while working on tasks, and assist others by answering questions and helping with assignments.
Managing Projects And Priorities
- Functions as a strategic senior technical expert within the department.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Champions leaders’ vision for product and service delivery.
- Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep moving forward toward achievement of goals.
- Provides direction and assistance to other teams regarding projects.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to promote completion of any projects on schedule.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Reviews vendor proposals and selects appropriate vendor for services/technologies/hardware.
- Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new project plans.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the quality of operations.
Delivering On The Needs Of Key Stakeholders
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders.
- Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities.
- Supports achievement of performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
Providing Technical Support And Consultation
- Provides technical expertise and technical leadership within own and other teams.
- Provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness of processes and programs.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of function-specific procedures.
- Applies knowledge/judgment to achieve business goals.
- Foresees, identifies and resolves problems.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
- Performs other reasonable duties as required for this position.
Colorado Applicants Only
The salary range for this position is $90,975 to $180,131 annually.
New York City & Westchester County, Ny Applicants Only
The salary range for this position is $110,081 to $198,146 annually. All Locations offer health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off (including sick leave where applicable), life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|