Senior Director, Global Wellbeing
Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
The Sr. Director, Global Wellbeing will lead Marriott International’s TakeCare strategy and program development to support holistic wellbeing focused on three pillars: physical, emotional and financial wellness. The Sr. Director will use best practices, data, insights and trends to design and implement innovative strategies and curate content to support Marriott’s commitment to putting people first and supporting associate wellness. This Sr. Director leads a team of professionals in a matrixed environment to develop and execute the most effective health and wellbeing programs.
This person has a passion for wellbeing and a strong background in public health and wellbeing and will maintain a global target audience view. This individual will be a visible leader and key partner in bringing the TakeCare brand forward to champion efforts among Continent above property partners, on-property Executive Committee and HR teams, and TakeCare Champions. This individual will present the TakeCare vision and key initiatives in key business meetings and as part of external media outreach and inquiries. The Sr. Director will lead the company’s efforts to curate programs and content and collaborate with the Associate Communications + Engagement team, Learning + Development team and other HR Centers of Excellence to implement TakeCare promotions supporting physical, nutritional, emotional and financial wellness. Through all collaborations, the Sr. Director will maintain a focus on ensuring the wellness strategy is pulled through to all content and promotions, delivering globally relevant and innovative programs.
Additional efforts include group presentations and socialization of ideas and plans as well as gathering of feedback from key stakeholders globally, including Continent leaders, HR leaders, TakeCare Champions, Global Communications partners and on-property executives. This leader will have a natural passion and experience developing and implementing health and wellness strategies and programs for a diverse population.
Core Work Activities
Take Care Program Strategy, Content And Implementation
- Develop a cohesive, holistic wellbeing strategy based on three pillars of physical, emotional and financial wellness and lead initiatives to drive improvements in the wellbeing of associates and their families.
- Advocate for health and wellbeing initiatives and lead teammates through the process to create impactful wellbeing resources and activities that will inspire Marriott associates globally.
- Design and develop physical, emotional and financial wellbeing programs and resources to activate the wellbeing strategy, incorporating feedback from key stakeholders globally.
- Drive alignment from key stakeholders and lead change management activities to assess needs, facilitate change and motivate others to pull through the holistic TakeCare wellbeing strategy globally,
- Leads a collaborative process with teammates and COE partners to creatively position and promote wellbeing programs and resources to most effectively drive engagement at all levels (e.g., leaders, TakeCare champions and associates).
- Collaborates with teammates and partners with key stakeholders globally to pull concepts through to implementation for global and local rollout.
Wellness Insights Gathering
- This person has a strong understanding health and wellness and behavioral science and proactively seeks and evaluates emerging trends, innovations, policies and resources to support physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Curate health and wellbeing education and promotional materials incorporating behavioral science and change management to help improve the health and wellbeing of associates.
- Leverage internal resources and external partnerships, including benefit vendors and resource groups, such as the Business Group on Health to gather insights and advocate for resources to support Marriott associates.
- Evaluate and manage external vendors and tools as needed to help execute the TakeCare strategy and programs.
- Assess and measure wellness program utilization and effectiveness, using qualitative and quantitative research and recommend improvements to continually evolve efforts.
Lead Wellbeing Promotion Across The Organization
- Leads efforts to ensure that promotions developed to support physical, emotional and financial wellbeing consistently deliver against priorities and add the most value for today’s and tomorrow’s associates.
- Strong ability to lead and partner closely with extended team members in a matrixed organization to activate Marriott’s wellbeing strategy and promote TakeCare programs and resources to engage associates to prioritize their own wellbeing.
- Effectively presents insights (written and verbal) to key stakeholders throughout the organization in order to more broadly utilize the learning and add value across the company.
- Champion excellence in business ethics and integrity, social responsibility, cross-cultural effectiveness, and associate engagement.
Education + Experience Requirements
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a health or wellness related field; an MPH, MHA or similar advance degree is preferred.
- You bring 8+ years of experience in employee wellbeing, public health education, health + wellness benefits or related field.
- You have extensive experience designing and activating wellness programs focused on physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
- You have demonstrated experience curating and delivering health education to diverse populations.
- You have a passion and experience for creating a healthy workplace and inspiring individuals to find their best health and wellbeing for their individual goals.
- You have strong understanding of Marriott’s culture and will bring insights to ensure our programs meet the needs of our associates and organization.
- You have demonstrated success managing and empowering others in a fast-paced, complex organization.
- You have a proven ability to influence others and consult leaders and other business partners, forming strong and reliable relationships.
- You have experience taking a vision and putting it into action.
- You are able to build and maintain key internal customer and external partner relationships by analyzing partner needs through soliciting, evaluating and acting on feedback.
- You can apply past experiences to identify alternative solutions for current problems and are able to understand and adjust to changing priorities, circumstances, direction, and personal styles.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|