An Inspiring Career Awaits You!
The Kessler Collection is made up of 11 artful hotel and resort properties, 25 restaurants, and over 1,700 Grand Performers across seven states, we continue to grow and so will you! The opportunities are endless. Our mission of inspiring places, intuitive service, and exuberant guests means we are committed to our Grand Performers learning, development, and well-being.
We believe people want to be inspired!
Our Grand Performers Receive Many Benefits Including:
- Marriott Employee Discounts Worldwide
- Competitive Wage & Discretionary Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company-Sponsored Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401(K) with Discretionary Company Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program
The overall objective and purpose of the Gallery Consultant are to participate in sales, service, art, and operations of the gallery and to support Art Enrichment training and development for hotel Grand Performers (employees) and guests. The incumbent is responsible for supporting the maintenance of hotel curating standards and Richard Kessler’s Collection. They are to demonstrate Kessler's Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Profitability, Enriching and Relentless as well as Service Standards at all times with guests and staff to ensure a positive experience.
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with the Gallery Director in all areas of the business to ensure the success of all gallery operations and activities.
- Lead by example The Kessler Collection Mission Statement, “Inspiring Places,” “Intuitive Service,” “Exuberant Guests” and Core Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Profitability, Enrichment, and Relentless.
- Service standards indicative of The Kessler Collection Culture with internal and external guests, vendors, and artists.
- Art and product assortment sourcing, curating, signage, and standards for the art within the gallery and hotel.
- Operations include full function and consistent activity in POS (point of sale) data obtaining, entering, adjusting, and reporting. EOM (end of the month) inventory controls and adjustments. Full function and consistent activity in Excel and Outlook programs.
- Participate in planning and executing artist events of all mediums and scope of work.
- Participate in training and development of Art Enrichment programs with GPs and guests.
- Participation in hotel and RCK Collection curating standards.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Proven track record and consistent performance in sales and other measurable goals
- Proven track record and consistent activity in building a client book of business of internal and external guests/collectors including, but not limited to key clients within the media and market
- Must be positive, results-oriented and can work under pressure, and have the ability to work a highly flexible schedule to ensure the success of the gallery
- Knowledge and experience working with Excel, Outlook, and POS (point of sale)
- Minimum two years experience in luxury retail, fine art, and/or similar scope and title - required
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art or related field - preferred
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
- Experience within similar size organizations - preferred
- Maintain a valid driver’s license - required
- The candidate must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- The candidate must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands, team availability, and performance, with or without notice.
- This position frequently interacts in person, email, and phone, with guests, vendors, artists, corporate executives, and property level leadership.
The Kessler Collection is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics
- Push, pull, lift and hang up to 50lbs including but not limited to curating and hanging oversized artwork, installations and sculptures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stoop, bend and crouch on a daily basis.
- Reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel.
- Inspect details visually in person or via computer.