We do offer some exciting benefits for on-call associates!
Posted October 29, 2022El Chorro Lodge
Join our iconic and historic property as an on-call, part-time Banquet Captain for the most beautiful and memorable special occasions and events where you can be your best and provide a HEARTfelt experience!
Summary of Position:
The Banquet Captain is responsible for handling all aspects of iconic food and beverage functions including preplanning, supervision of staff during set-up, service and breakdown and administrative duties. Upward communication to Director of Banquets is critical, as well as creating supportive, respectful and collaborative relationships with the banquet staff.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 2 years of banquet supervisory experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of and ability to abide by and enforce Maricopa County Health Food regulations and state, federal and corporate liquor regulations.
• Ability to perform all of the basic functions of the banquet server
• Extensive knowledge of food an beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations, and general etiquette
• Ability to move in tight quarters effectively and quickly to monitor and supervise line staff
• Ability to make quick and accurate decisions
• Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.
• Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
• Behaves ethically
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language sufficient to understand menus, knows ingredients in food prepared, and to communicate with guests and service team.
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at El Chorro.
El Chorro’s leaders and associates believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at El Chorro, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.
Rich tradition, culinary excellence, and unparalleled romance come together at El Chorro to create an experience that is purely Paradise Valley. Cozily nestled between Scottsdale and Phoenix, Paradise Valley’s historic El Chorro offers an authentic Arizona dining experience. Generations of Valley residents and visitors have travelled to this serene setting at the base of the stunning Camelback and Mummy mountains. With its breathtaking views and unmatchable Arizona charm, El Chorro is an excellent setting for any occasion — be it a relaxed brunch, romantic dinner, or the wedding of your dreams.
As a family-owned company, the mission of Classic Hotels & Resorts is to attract and retain innovative, results-driven individuals who will foster a service culture built upon our foundation of family-oriented core values. Classic Hotels & Resorts’ leaders and team members share a vision…to create A HEARTfelt Experience…BEyond Expectations, connecting with our guests emotionally and ensuring they return again and again. In order to be successful at any of our world-class properties, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests, and embracing our BEyond Expectations standards. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our properties and our company.
El Chorro provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, El Chorro complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.