We are hiring an Executive Chef!
The Executive Chef has total responsibility for the main kitchen, banquets, and culinary staff for leading these areas. The Executive Chef is responsible for leading by example and developing their staff as assets for the hotel. They direct food preparation, productions and control for all food outlets and banquet facilities at the hotel and ensure that the kitchen provides fresh, appealing, properly flavored foods while focusing on food costs.
Salary Range $52,655 - $69,819
As Executive Chef you will be:
• Responsible for the development and enhancement of the food product that is presented to guests. Make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guests’ needs, both present and anticipated. Recommend changes to the food product. Use market research to develop new products and menu concepts.
• Responsible for maintaining quality of food product and ensuring consistency in food delivery and standards.
• Work in support of team goals and measure effectiveness through the Food & Beverage profit and service performance of the hotel. Ensure that all goals are geared toward exceeding guest’s expectations. Participate in long range planning.
• Responsible for the selection, training, and development of the personnel within the department; planning, assigning and directing work: appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; safety; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and overseeing departmental matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
• Review staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
• Develop and implement guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
• Establish goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Communicate the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Manage department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms, and equipment.
• Work closely with vendors to obtain the highest quality offerings at the most reasonable price.
• Provide direction for menu development.
• Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
• Recognize superior quality products, presentations, and flavor.
• Improve service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Empower employees to provide excellent customer service. Establish guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensure employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
• Control the elements that determine profit and loss. Responsible for all major kitchen/restaurant operating expenses. Set margins and manage the business against projections.
• High school diploma or GED
• 6 years of experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Ability to create marketing strategies and promotional menu items with Chef to increase business volumes.
• Must have a positive attitude at all times and serve a leader on the hotel’s Leadership Group.
Here are some reasons our associates like working for us:
Benefits (Full Time Associates only)
We offer competitive wages. Full-time associates are eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefit package, which includes medical/dental/vision plans, life insurance, ST/LT disability options, 401K options, tuition assistance, discounted room rates at Concord managed hotels, plus training & development and career advancement opportunities.
Our culture is based on our five Cornerstones and they are what we consider our foundation: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and Fun. It’s important to us to provide a great work environment for our associates and we strive to hire the BEST associates in the market.
Our “Associate First” culture supports and inspires personal development both within the workplace and beyond. Concord’s associates are what our company is built on, and we strive to recognize them for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence. We value work life balance, diversity, and our commitment to provide the best customer service and quality accommodations in every market we exist
If you are seeking a position where you can grow and be a part of a fun team, this job may be your answer. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Perched atop Mount Oread at the north gate of The University of Kansas, The Oread's spectacular views look out over the Kaw River Valley and across campus to the Campanile and KU Football Stadium. The beautifully constructed limestone building is the perfect combination of the traditional architecture of the KU campus with the contemporary elegance of The Oread's spacious public and private areas.
The Oread's 10 above-ground floors and five below ground levels contain two large banquet rooms perfect for weddings and large business and social gatherings, a business center with meeting and breakout rooms, a theater with state-of-the-art audio/video equipment. The Oread's lifestyle amenities include a tanning salon and fitness center, a variety of restaurants and bars on six levels, including upper-level outdoor terrace bars and observation decks with breath-taking views.