Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 K, Life Insurance, Meals provided, Hotel Discounts
Posted November 17, 2022theWit Chicago - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Deliver brilliant guest service each day, each night and every time in-between by championing our 6 X's Hotter Service Philosophy. Create a welcoming, playful and thoughtful service environment.
This position participates in employee development, assists in establishing department standards, guidelines and objectives while helping to maintain the internal control measures necessary for operational efficiency.
We are looking for those who celebrate culture, humor, wit, thoughtful and attentive service and team orientation. You will need to have the ability to create a motivating work environment driving our Whatever It Takes attitude, and have a strong passion for excellence and guest service. The ideal candidate will strive to continuously evolve and improve their performance in order to provide a Four Diamond Level of service for all guests each and every day.
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Celebrate theWit culture of individualism, engagement, having fun and evolving theWit experience for every guest, every time.
• Represent theWit in a positive manner at all times.
• Recognize staffing needs, employee development for servers, hosts and support staff
• Update and monitor daily opening, running and closing side work checklist
• Manage staff contest program to promote competitive sales opportunities
• Contribute to the financial planning, tracking and forecasting
• Maintain and organize venue storage areas.
• Professional appearance and attitude
• Attends various internal and/or external meetings relating to the operation of the restaurant
• Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services while simultaneously building a loyal repeat customer base through personal rapport, acknowledgement and exceptional personalized service
• Serve as a role model in the area of positive customer and client relationships
• Maintain profitability of outlet to support overall hotel operation
• Control payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse).
• Monitor and update POS data base to accurately coincide with all current menu items
• Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. 3 years’ experience in the Food & Beverage industry.
2. Knowledge of food and beverage positions within the restaurant, e.g., host person, bus person, food server, bartender, cocktail server
3. Knowledge and skill in food service techniques and sales strategies
4. Comprehension, knowledge and understanding of food product and preparation
5. Brand marketing and advertising experience.
6. Knowledge of service standards, practices, and etiquette in full-service restaurants and/or bars.
7. Full awareness and understanding of safety standards and sanitation practices for food and beverage service.
8. Extensive knowledge of wine, champagne and alcoholic beverages.
1. Communicate in the primary language of the hotel.
2. Wear proper attire at all times and be well groomed.
3. Be flexible since this is a 24/7 hotel operation
4. Must be able to lift and carry thirty pounds.
Located in the heart of Chicago's theater district and just minutes from Millennium Park, the Loop business area and Michigan Avenue shopping, theWit is a unique and inspiring blend of the amenities you'd find in any of the world's 5 Star resorts and the excitement and flair of an extraordinary boutique hotel.
Inspired by the book "Wit", a collection of hilarious and poignant quotes from the famous and infamous, theWit is a hotel meant to embrace and enlighten the spirits of our guests. Creativity and expression are its true architects; designed and created to be as much the plot of your story as it is its setting.
theWit has brought a new energy and vitality to the downtown Chicago Loop. Striking design, unparalleled comfort and remarkable services create a dramatic sensory experience and accentuate urban living at its finest.