Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
The Senior Manager, US & Canada Revenue Management Analytics, focuses on leading analysis and making strategic recommendations to drive profitable topline revenue for our hotels. This position could look at several key metrics such as, but not limited to, Industry, brand and market trends, new bookings by segment and stay tier, segmentation trends, consumer trends, etc. The Senior Manager leads the effort to define new business logic as the business and consumer environments change by coordinating feedback across various levels of the organization and conducting analysis to make data based decisions. This position plays a key role in discipline initiatives by participating in the process development, analysis/testing, sharing learnings/insights and identifying possible implications to the Regional RM Leadership Team. All of this is accomplished through designing and executing analysis, including working with stakeholders on business needs, designing efficient analysis models and full communication on findings. They will be involved in the project management of the work, including establishing data sources, building timelines, and designing the communication plan. They will work on the analysis itself: accessing data and conducting rigorous business and statistical analysis. These project plans must balance innovative thinking, speed to market and data storytelling to drive total hotel topline performance. This role provides market and business context for the analysis requested of the group, prioritizes workflow during times of competing demands and develops exception reporting to identify and highlight hotels requiring additional support. This resource works collaboratively with the Global RM Analytics team for the refinement of pricing strategies and analytical tools that support revenue decisions. The Senior Manager collaborates with the US & Canada RM Analytics team to support Revenue Management leadership and the continent Analytics Teams to support larger cross functional work. This position could have direct reports.
Education And Experience
- 4-year degree preferred from an accredited university in business, preferably in a quantitative discipline (finance, operations research, economics, mathematics, statistics, etc.). MBA or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline preferred. OR
- 4 years of relevant professional experience in in lodging, consulting, analytics related discipline preferred, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- Strong hotel/ market experience and/or knowledge with a familiarity of Marriott lodging products/ brands/ hotel operations.
- Experience managing or developing predictive modeling/Machine Leaning/Artificial Intelligence projects
- Experience with big data and cluster computing environments
- Synthesize volumes of complex information into stellar visualizations and persuasive storytelling to present to Senior Management in a clear, concise and complete manner which facilitates executive decision making.
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to independently manage multiple projects.
- Experience in developing and implement effective project plans with ability to communicate data specifications, deadlines, and project requirements to suppliers and stakeholders clearly and concisely.
- Team player: builds strong relationships and collaborates with region and corporate stakeholders.
- Ability to interface with internal technical IT Teams and systems professionals to develop/refine decision support systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical Skills (preferred but not required upon entry) SQL, Python, Tableau, R, Microsoft Office (Power Automate, Power Apps, Azure, Excel etc)
Core Work Activities
Managing Work, Projects, And Policies
- Analyze and monitor performance to identify causal factors of successful and unsuccessful performance, recommend strategies to improve, and evaluate likely impact of new strategies
- Accountability for leading and conducting key analysis to be utilized in presentations such as but not limited to Board of Directors meetings, Quarterly Investor Relations, US & Canada Leadership Team meetings
- Conducts follow up analysis resulting from Executive leadership meetings and competitor Earnings Releases.
- Identify gaps in Portfolio strategies, and make strategic recommendations to Revenue Management leadership
- Analyze and respond to portfolio concerns as identified by US & Canada Sr. Leadership
- Identify performance, process and tool gaps of hotels and provide strategic and mitigating course of action for solution.
- Provide systems, tools, and guidance to regional leaders to generate “ground up” forecasts of future RevPAR performance, for the Annual Budget, Business Plan process, as well as for period projections, including providing historical context and future opportunities/trends.
- Development of measurement techniques to evaluate the effectiveness of property/brand pricing and demand initiatives.
- Is a steward of Marriott data and takes an active role in data security
- Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency of revenue analysis processes.
- Partners with systems personnel in creating and developing decision support systems that will lead to enhanced profitable revenues.
- Analyze, summarize, and contribute to the enhancement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the revenue management systems, tools, and processes.
- Provide “second level” support for individual hotel pricing and market share analysis
- Represent US & Canada Revenue Management team in various calls and meetings with stakeholders, focusing on assigned geography or brands.
- Partners with US & Canada Revenue Management Leaders to analyze and identify performance themes and recommend strategies to improve hotel performance
- Supports regions, markets, and hotels with analytics requests, ad-hoc reporting and exception analysis i.e., performance economic analysis, group build vs competitive landscape
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Performs other reasonable duties as needed.
Adaptability- Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
Communication- Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Problem Solving And Decision Making- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
Professional Demeanor- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
Building And Contributing To Teams- Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
Driving For Results- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Planning And OrganizingGathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Coworker Relationships- Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
Customer Relationships- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
Global Mindset- Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent And Organizational Capability
Talent Management- Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning And Applying Professional Expertise
Applied Learning- Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
Business Acumen- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
Technical Acumen- Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- SQL, Python, Tableau, R, Cognos, Microsoft Office
Basic Competencies- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
Mathematical Reasoning- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
Oral Comprehension- Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Reading Comprehension– Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Writing- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|