MAYO FOUNDATION JACKSONVILLE- 4481 Mellish Dr. Jacksonville, Fl 32224
Melodie Hicks-Tripp or Walter Sanderlin 904-956-3199
Target Hourly Rate
The Laundry Worker is responsible for the washing, drying, folding, sorting, pressing and mending of clothes and linens. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Sorts laundry items by label and loads laundry machines with bedding, surgical gowns, linens, etc.
- Adds detergent and other cleaning agents to the washer and adds, when necessary, germicidal/disinfectant solutions.
- Adjusts water temperature and starts the washer.
- Wrings out clean wet articles and places them in dryers for the measured time cycle.
- Sorts and folds clean items into the appropriate storage bins.
- Counts articles to verify laundry lists.
- Documents unusable textile items, with reports generated for the worker's immediate Supervisor.
- Utilizes weighing systems.
- Soaks contaminated articles, and mixes and applies detergents, dyes and bleaches according to formulas.
- May operate equipment including, but not limited to: washers, dryers, irons, steamers, folders, and sewing machines.
- Performs equipment maintenance as assigned by immediate Supervisor, such as cleaning of filters and lint traps.
- May mend torn articles.
- May transport and distribute soiled/clean linens and laundry.
- May perform cleaning operations in the laundry areas, such as the sweeping and mopping of floors, wiping down of machinery, high and low dusting, vacuuming and other general cleaning duties as assigned.
- May assist in training, assigning and checking the work of lower-level employees.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Reports any equipment maintenance needs or malfunctions immediately.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1 to 2 years of related work experience.
- Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of staff and resources.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to operate Laundry related equipment including but not limited to Washers, Dryers, Ironing equipment, and Folders.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
- Adapts procedures, processes, tools equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- May require a valid driver's license
- Blood Borne Pathogen Training
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).