Posted January 27, 2023Marriott Owings Mills Metro Centre
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform administrative duties relevant to account responsibilities in compliance with corporate guidelines. Document and organize detailed requirements of each function. Coordinate activities of various departments to service accounts, such as directing room service in the creation and delivery of VIP amenities.
2. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Communicate with sales, front office and reservations in order to coordinate and monitor guest room blocks and special reservation needs. Assign banquet/meeting rooms set up based on needs of clients, e.g., classroom, rounds. Review banquet associates’ work to ensure accuracy. Monitor in house group activity providing assistance as needed such as organizing exhibit set up.
4. Establish rapport with and entertain meeting planners while promoting hotel facilities and services. Conduct walking site inspections throughout property.
5. Advise sales staff as to ability to accommodate client demands including phone requirements, fit of available space and materials such as booths. Assist sales staff in promoting hotel, developing leads and securing rebookings.
6. Plan and conduct pre and post convention meetings with clients and respective departments.
7. Document tracking of group activity. Access and input data into a computer system to generate account history reports.
8. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
9. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
10. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of lighting and sound equipment and usage. Ability to utilize a moderately complex computer system. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Able to lift, grasp, carry and/or push up to 50 pounds. Ability to work flexible schedule, as well as being able to work shift standing on feet and walking throughout hotel or sitting for long periods of time.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures,
particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Previous experience in Conference/Convention Meeting Manager in similar hotel settings
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
As the first full-service hotels in Owings Mills, Maryland, this AAA Four Diamond hotel is located amidst the shopping, dining, and events of Metro Centre at Owings Mills. Our hotel is within walking distance from Owings Mills Metro Station. Tee off at more than a dozen local golf clubs, take in the area's rolling hills or enjoy the outdoors at local nature centers, parks, and reservoirs. Expect modern amenities like our hotel's 24-hour fitness center, equipped with state-of-the-art cardio equipment, or relax at our elegant lobby bar and lounge. Our on-site dining includes a Starbucks coffee shop and a full-service American restaurant, The Tillery. Host meetings in Owings Mills, MD, in nearly 15,000 square feet of flexible event space, such as our 6,240-square-foot ballroom or our 4,400-square-foot outdoor terrace. Our hotel also offers a number of board rooms ideal for corporate and social events. Whether you are here for business or traveling at your leisure, we can not wait to welcome you.