Posted February 28, 2023Los Angeles Athletic Club
$250,000 per year
The Los Angeles Athletic Club is seeking a General Manager for this private club in Downtown Los Angeles that also houses a boutique hotel on the top three floors of the 12-story historic landmark building. A stay at a historic private club is an entirely unique experience.
In this role, the General Manager creates and maintains a customer-driven hotel with a member-keeping vision that inspires the associates to do their best. Oversee the quality process to ensure customer satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service in accordance with hotel's profitability goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform administrative duties including: reading and writing reports, dictating memorandums and orally communicating with guests, managers, corporate office, local associations, etc. Critically review reports of occupancy, revenue etc. Make judgments and implement changes to maximize profits. Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget and annual and monthly forecasts, etc. Formulate complex reports. Communicate with the public, staff, corporate office and owners.
2. Interview, hire supervise and counsel department managers in the efficient operation of their respective area(s). Meet with, develop and delegate improvement plans for operation and review performance of management team.
3. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and approve discipline and all terminations.
4. Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for Crescent and hotel. Meet with potential and current clients and promote hotel.
5. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
6. Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel. Greet and maintain rapport with associates and customers.
7.Travel to attend corporate meetings, sales trips and serve on committees such as Research, Development and Standards committee.
8. Appropriate handle associate issues in conjunction with Human Resources following Crescent policies.
9. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
10. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
431 W 7th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90014
72 Room Hotel
The Los Angeles Athletic Club is a private club in Downtown Los Angeles that also houses a boutique hotel on the top three floors of the 12-story historic landmark building. A stay at a historic private club is an entirely unique experience. Collapse onto cool cotton sheets after a rigorous workout in the Athletic Club or a game of squash. Rejuvenate in our spa with a steam or massage, and indulge in one of our signature cocktails offered at our award-winning bar, Invention.