This is the job description for SECURITY OFFICER
Job Title: Security Officer
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: Front Office Manager, Rooms Management
Job Purpose: To patrol hotel premises in order to maintain order, enforce rules and regulations, and insure observance of applicable laws.
1. Patrol lobbies, corridors, and public rooms, confer with management, interview guests and employees and
interrogates persons to detect infringements, investigate disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalism, etc.
2. Patrol public areas to detect fires, unsafe conditions and damaged or inoperative safety equipment.
3. Warn or eject troublemakers and cautions careless persons.
4. Obtain assistance for accident victims and file accident reports.
5. Notify staff of presence of persons with questionable reputations.
6. Assist management and enforcement officers in emergency situations.
7. May enter and check rooms of guests suspected of leaving without paying bill to confirm suspicions and to seize
any remaining personal property.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Think clearly and react quickly in emergencies.
2. Learn and apply rules and procedures which are sometimes hard to understand.
3. Use equipment skillfully.
4. Make conclusions based on facts and also on your own personal judgment.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Licenses/Certifications: Security Office certification preferred
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bimanual dexterity and fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual and working conditions:
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time
X Extreme cold (non-weather)
X Walk extended distances
X Extreme heat (non-weather)
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
X Wet or humid conditions
X Near moving or mechanical parts
X On high precarious places
X With fumes or airborne particles
X Near toxic or caustic chemicals
X Able to work overtime and irregular hours
X Near risk of electrical shock
X Near loud noises
X In areas of strong vibration
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.
High school diploma or equivalent