This is the job description for BANQUET CAPTAIN.
Job Title: Banquet Captain
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: Banquet Manager
Supervises: Banquet Servers, Banquet Setup
Job Purpose: To plan the serving details for banquets, receptions, and other social functions.
1. Requisitions additional help as required by banquet schedule.
2. Directs setting up of tables, and decorations.
3. Plans the serving order and orchestrates its completion in a timely, quiet and courteous manner.
4. Supervises wait staff and set up staff. Trains all set up and wait staff. Ensures that waiters and waitresses are
ready to serve meal when it is prepared.
5. Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner and ensures all needs are met. Observes
guests to fulfill any additional requests, to perceive when next course should begin, or when meal is completed.
6. Aides in the operation of banquet department.
7. Ensures proper banquet check control.
8. Actively participates in room set up and service.
9. Inventories all equipment.
10. Displays awareness and compliance with security, safety, emergency and energy procedures.
11. Relieves banquet manager and operates the department.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Use judgment and reasoning to cope with emergencies such as sudden illness, accident, or interrupted service.
2. Perform a variety of activities, changing activities frequently and sometimes without notice.
3. Plan and carry out an activity, such as a card party or dance.
4. Plan the work of others.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 6 months experience in banquets or food service.
Licenses/Certifications: TIPS certification and Food Safety certification
Interview, select and train associates
X Direct the work of associates
X Plan the work
X Apportion the work among associates
X Provide for the safety and security of the employees or the property
X Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more full-time associates or their equivalent (1 full-time associate at 40 and 2 half-time associates at 20 hours each, are equivalent to 2 full-time associates).
Physical and working requirements:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries up to 50 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Identify and distinguish colors
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Wet or humid conditions
X Lift/carry 26-50 lbs.
X Able to work overtime and irregular hours
X Near loud noises
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.